A question

Would it be OK to describe a bad experience I had buying a model ship online and giving the name of the vendor? I don;t want others to be cheated by this vendor.

Would it be OK to describe a bad experience I had buying a model ship online and giving the name of the vendor? I don;t want others to be cheated by this vendor.
Generally, any feedback is appreciated: whether it is positive or negative. But...there is always but...the review given by members will be always subjective to their view. ;)

i suggest you PM one of the staff members and let them review the post
send me the PM and i will take a look and discuss it with other staffers

In my opinion, I would say Yes. I have a kit from "M" which lacks many items and distorts what we want to achieve in scale modeling. One color of rigging line whereas you read the instructions you have to paint, yes paint certain lines black. What a mess that would be. There are black lines out there. And also metal fake stuff busts my buttons, hatches that do not actually work. I could continue but I have to go stain some running anchor beams not included in my kit. That is because the kit says glue the anchor chain to the Hawse hole! Not happening here!

My own opinion

I think so. It is very frustrating to buy something that a few months later, with no possibility of returning it to the seller, you find yourself having problems continuing. But you should, in my opinion, do it respectfully and well-founded. Surely the information you provide to others and to the seller himself will improve the quality of the product.

i suggest you PM one of the staff members and let them review the post
send me the PM and i will take a look and discuss it with other staffers
Thank you Dave. Here is my problem: I ordered a bluenose kit from dhGate, an online company, and my card was rejected so I tried again with a different card and it was accepted. Then dhGate sent me two kits and would not take the second kit back. My complaint is also with Xiaola the company that provided the kits. They opened the box of one new kit and stuffed the parts of a second kit into the box, I suppose to save shipping cost. The second kit was obviously a used kit with missing parts, This is unacceptable and dhGate refuses to accept return of the kits or even one kit. I tried their grievance process but just got a runaround. They wanted me to weigh the package I received along with the original packaging which I had discarded. They were probably trying to blame the shipping company. They also wanted me to identify the missing parts. I had noticed a couple of parts missing but how could I know how many of the several hundred parts were missing? The parts had all been separated from the backing boards and placed in freezer bags that were obviously not part of the original packaging.

Don Smith

When I understand correctly you paid only for one kit ......

Dave, this is all I received of your message,
"When I understand correctly you paid only for one kit ......" Was there more?
I was charged for both kits but I only ordered one. And I was delivered two kits and they wouldn't take either back even though one was defective.

Don

Can always cancel payment from credit card company

Can't cancel after the credit card company has released the money. dhGate kept me hanging for weeks with their grievance process.

Back