A piece of Venice (framed)

Spectacular! I am running to show my wife! I know she'd like to have it to hang on one of our walls in a prominent place as a relief from all my stuff.
This is exceptionally imaginative and creative as well as purely exquisite! It looks so real!
Wonderful Okay

Pete

P, S. My wife, Kate, loves it. Thumbsup
How did you cut out the gate? More process info on all the wonderful textures and construction, please. It may not be a ship, but I am sure we all have a lot to learn from your processes that will convey to our own purposes.

Pete

How did you cut out the gate? More process info on all the wonderful textures and construction, please.
Thank you friends for all your kind words.
I made this diorama as a gift for one of my friends (he is Italian and comes right from the Veneto region, but lives here in Moscow) to make him a little homesick :)
The materials used are quite simple and cheap. The base is from PP-foam sheet, cut with Proxxon thermo cutter. The plastering effect is obtained with acrylic putty. The iron gate is made from laser-cut veneer. The fouling plants are from colored sawdust. Everything is painted with water-based acrylic paints.

Thanks for the explanation of techniques and materials! Very helpful, and all readily available here in the west. Very adaptable to other purposes we all ma y find useful, such as in model ship dioramas. Very creative and imaginative. Thumbsup ;)

Back