A little setback (not well)

Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

The reason I have not been posting - reading - responding to any ones post is because this past Saturday I fell ill with either a pretty bad case of food poisoning or gastroenteritis. The Admiral had to rush me to the Emergency Room. :auto-ambulance:

They put in an IV with dextrose and put the anti-nausea right into the IV because of I could not control my body functions. I am still not well. I know - it sounds rather graphic.

So, to those that are newly registered, please enjoy yourself and I will be back in good order (I hope soon) to take a look at every ones ships.

It was only one small item (left-overs) of something that I ate that the Admiral did not eat. I rarely eat left-overs from the day before. I always say to the Admiral "that item is not worth the money to save and eat it if it is going to cause you the most miserable time" -- apparently, I didn't listen to myself.

I have a lot to be thankful for. She alternates her Saturdays at her Hobby Lobby store - and it was this particular Saturday she was off and we had to go about 5:30 PM. It only took about 3 hours from the time I ate to when I was --- well, just use your imagination. I also want to acknowledge the Admiral here because she stood right next to me while I was heaving myself almost to the point of fainting - all during and after.

My words of encouragement is that if you even .001 % think something is bad (left-over) in the refrigerator, then it is probably not a good idea to eat it. It is not worth it. Go buy or make, cook, bake or whatever- some more of it.

I just got here a few days ago and not sure who everyone is yet, but I'm glad to see everything worked out OK. Recover and get well.

Donnie,

My best wishes for a speedy recovery as well. Will be in communication when you are back to normal.

Bob

Sorry to hear this.

You will be sick again when the bill arrives!

It happened to me year a ago and the bill for a Liter of iv fluid, and two pills under the tongue, and the pleasure of being passed out on a cot in the ER for 4 hours, came to $2000. (And for some reason insurance wouldn't cover )

Donnie, there are quite a few members of MSW that are not members here that wish you a speedy recovery. :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

see.......now will you stay away from the blue food!?! hope you get better real soon! I always have my wife smell it first....she's got a better nose than I do

In midieval times they would call her the 'king's taster'. Just to make sure the food was fit for a king. :handgestures-thumbup:

Back