A J Fisher Still Around?

There used to be a Place in Ferndale Mi called AJ Fisher, they made Boat and Ship kit as well as fittings. I can’t seem to locate them. Are they out of Buss?

The one I was referring to was in the Detroit area. Very old shop. I saw that one on the web.

Old print does have its advantages at times.

Did you google the address by any chance?

It shows as a house not a business, so maybe it was small home business that went bust.

I went to the new A J Fisher website and found some history on the company.

How old is your magazine with the address.

History says company was bought out in 2003, here is what the website has on history.

"The A. J. Fisher Ship Model Kit Company was founded in 1925 by Archibald J. Fisher. Archibald was a seaman who plied the oceans and Great Lakes as a chief engineer. Mr. Fisher ran the business until he passed away in 1957. Robert Irwin bought the business at that time and in 1960 Robert Irwin, his son, joined him when he left the service. Robert took over A. J. Fisher when his father retired in 1974. Robert continued A. J. Fisher until 2001 when he retired.

In 2003 William Partridge purchased A. J. Fisher from Robert Irwin. The goal is to update and re-issue over 20 A. J. Fisher classic solid hull ship model kits.

Whether you are about to begin our first model or if you have been building models for years we hope there is something in the A. J. Fisher ship model line of kits that will help you in creating your models."

The shop was in a backyard, it was quite the shop. I went there to buy brass nails, and2 brass PCs to mout the ship on a pc of Sapelly. The stand that came with the Constructo kit was in bad shape.

The magazine is 1983. It would have had to been in the early 90’s I went there.

Saw another ad, one day I watched the owner make brass parts , there was belts all over, OSHA I’m sire wold have had a fit on the ma Hiney. Lol

image.jpg

I remember now taking my mast dowels there, he made me brass mast coats to trim up the mast where it goes into the decks.

Back