3d print Proxxon db250 mini lathe chuck adapter ?

Hi,

Since my purchased of the Proxxon milling machine, I have a question. Can I put a rotary attachment with 4 jaws chuck on the KT70 table ? I would like to used this chuck on the mini lathe. But !!!! since thread is M16x1 and nothing exist to convert to a M12 or M14 chuck or other imperial standard, I would like to know if I made a 3d printed fitting adapter in PLA or PLA+ the security of the concept will be ok without the chuck flying everywhere during lathe processing ?

Is someone succeed to put and horizontal rotary table of a minimum quality (so better than the Proxxon 3 jaws dividing head) on the KT 70 Table ? I know that at vertical position it is possible.

Thanks, and thanks for peoples who helped me for my purchased of the Mill.

Michel

Thanks
Stephan,

I was not clear enough in my english. I want an adapter female that can be put over a M16x 1 thread. I only found M16x1.5 threaded rod. BUT, there is Tap and die on amazon of M16 x 1. But I wanted to know if plastic adapter will be secure option.

I found, based on your search, extension rod (Ext. rod M16)

EDIT : Eureka, I found M16 to M14x1 LH and M14x1 chuck exist. Thanks Stephan, from your search, I found it.

Honestly, I would not put a 3D printed adaptor on a lathe or any other spinning machine. Even assuming it’s’ filament printed I.e. fused, the fusion is often not that great and parts can snap quite easily. I speak as an inveterate jig and tool maker that uses 3D daily.

Thanks Kevin, I tried it M16x1 to M14x1 yesterday and effectively it is not a great fit. I purchased métal adapter found on Ali... I will tell here , when received, if these adaptons are goodly threaded.

Hi,

Since my purchased of the Proxxon milling machine, I have a question. Can I put a rotary attachment with 4 jaws chuck on the KT70 table ? I would like to used this chuck on the mini lathe. But !!!! since thread is M16x1 and nothing exist to convert to a M12 or M14 chuck or other imperial standard, I would like to know if I made a 3d printed fitting adapter in PLA or PLA+ the security of the concept will be ok without the chuck flying everywhere during lathe processing ?

Is someone succeed to put and horizontal rotary table of a minimum quality (so better than the Proxxon 3 jaws dividing head) on the KT 70 Table ? I know that at vertical position it is possible.

Thanks, and thanks for peoples who helped me for my purchased of the Mill.

Michel
I have a Proxxon DB250 with both 3, & 4-jaw chucks.

Hi Stuart, I have the three jaws and it is off center a little bit, so mast or yard turning ais difficult because of the wobbling effect. The four jaws from Proxxon received worst review than the three jaws, that why I searched for other solution... The PRoxxon 24264 ritary table did not receive good review too. SHort story : I am afraid to purchased again these small Proxxon DB250 accessories.

Hi Stuart, I have the three jaws and it is off center a little bit, so mast or yard turning ais difficult because of the wobbling effect. The four jaws from Proxxon received worst review than the three jaws, that why I searched for other solution... The PRoxxon 24264 ritary table did not receive good review too. SHort story : I am afraid to purchased again these small Proxxon DB250 accessories.
Hi, I must say I've not had problems with neither the chucks nor the dividing head (apart from the degrees being difficult to read). I have found that it's usually the dowel supplied in kits that 'ain't round'. The 4-jaw is a bit tricky to set up, but so far I've managed OK. As they say; "It's not gonna fly, only float!" :D
I've just been making yards. I used oversize dowel & first, I milled the octagonal centre section & centre drilled each end for a live centre, then mounting the octagon in the 4-jaw, I turned the taper on one end, marked the flats & the contact points, reversed the yard, then turned the other end. Any discrepancy can be sanded out, but usually the rigging hides most.

Hi, I read also some good review too, may be the supply varied from Europe and North-America. I received the 4 four self-centering and full metal chuck yesterday. I am waiting for the M16 to M14 adaptor. When received and tried, I will give my impression, but the chuck seem's really good at first view. I should received the Proxxon MF70 in 2 weeks.

Hi again Stuart, I forget to mention that I saw your mod in the other thread. I will try it later fore sure.

I would like to make a precision from my later answer : my yards end may have 2 mm or 3 mm in diameter, so wobbling can ruin the yard even if it usually require sanding for finishing the imperfection. On the other way, I can use too my drill to sand instead of mill, or the Proxxon for sanding with a long finger sander. Well, ship building is also playing with tool LOL! Adjustment and bashing everywhere.

Hi, I read also some good review too, may be the supply varied from Europe and North-America. I received the 4 four self-centering and full metal chuck yesterday. I am waiting for the M16 to M14 adaptor. When received and tried, I will give my impression, but the chuck seem's really good at first view. I should received the Proxxon MF70 in 2 weeks.
Hi F&C, my 4-jaw is independent, not self-centreing.

I change the bearing of the lathe as propose here elswhere on SoS. In the 4 jaws donot give me satisfaction, I will look again about them.

Back