1mm plywood

I either misplaced it or it was not in the HMS Fly kit, but the 1mm plywood sheet with the main deck is lost. Couldn't find a stateside wood supplier that has what i'm looking for. Anyone have a source? Thanks.

thanks doc. Amati answered email really fast and will send replacement. i’m impressed with their customer service. also ordered some 1mm from china and UK as backup. Will also check out Midwest. think I use to build model planes from there.

After ordering from several places, I already have the first sheet of plywood in-house. It only took 4 days to receive a 3/64" x 18" x 24" (1.19mm) from MAKERSTOCK.COM. They are located in Old Forge PA. It is Finnish KoskiPly Birch plywood and the quality is excellent. I was impressed with the product and the delivery time. I'll use this supplier again. Cost was $19.95 and shipping $11.02. Not cheap but couldn't continue without it. Still waiting for the Chinese order (maybe Christmas delivery) and the replacement part from Amati which has shipped.
Birch plywood.jpg

I have been using their plywood a lot. Many thicknesses and sizes, and always have been very happy about the quality of the product.

Still waiting for the Chinese order (maybe Christmas delivery)
Covid 19 in Shanghai and Peking. Streets are empty there. Nobody is allowed to go outside. It's a disaster for those people. So we must be patience

Just before the lockdown I waited 10 days on delivering, now I wait almost 2 months in the lockdown. You can't tell

I was surprised when the part from Amati arrived today. It was mailed on the 29th of April so 8 days in transit from Italy is about a good as it gets. 5 stars for Amati products and service.

I either misplaced it or it was not in the HMS Fly kit, but the 1mm plywood sheet with the main deck is lost. Couldn't find a stateside wood supplier that has what i'm looking for. Anyone have a source? Thanks.
Try (the Lumberyard) its a wood supplier for model ship builders

Back