1777 - H. M. Cutter Alert - VanguardModels

After the hull was coloured, it was the turn of the stern. the transom is mounted and the bar timbers and whales as well.
At the moment I am working on the deck equipment and bending rings for the eyebolts to enhance the photo-etch parts.IMG_7653.jpgIMG_7654.jpgIMG_7656.jpgIMG_7657.jpgIMG_7661.jpgIMG_7662.jpgIMG_7663.jpg

A few weeks ago, parallel to building the TridentModel "Alert", I started building the smaller version of VanguardModels in 1:64.
At that time I had the kit for quite a while, according to Chris Watton I was the first to order it.
I have that in writing ;)
Anyway, the kit lay around for a while, I had to finish other projects, then there was the excitement about the Trident kit and just before new year's eve my little daughter wanted to join in...
It didn't work with the Trident kit, but the smaller kit was prepared relatively quickly and started out of the box.
Within a short time I had assembled the frame, in the meantime I have finished the first planking, filled the fuselage and am preparing the visible planking.
I still keep the construction report in the German forum (schiffsmodelle.com), but will try to keep a slimmed-down version here in the forum as well.
I hope you will forgive me that there will only be posts at loose intervals.

I will post the pictures of the first stages of construction here tomorrow, as soon as I have made a preliminary selection.
Unfortunately, the very first steps are not documented, the first pictures show the assembled frame.

Funfact: My daughter has lost interest again in the meantime....Kids are funny, especially when they are still small.
Hallo @Lusitania1915
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

A few weeks ago, parallel to building the TridentModel "Alert", I started building the smaller version of VanguardModels in 1:64.
At that time I had the kit for quite a while, according to Chris Watton I was the first to order it.
Anyway, the kit lay around for a while, I had to finish other projects, then there was the excitement about the Trident kit and just before new year's eve my little daughter wanted to join in...
It didn't work with the Trident kit, but the smaller kit was prepared relatively quickly and started out of the box.
Within a short time I had assembled the frame, in the meantime I have finished the first planking, filled the fuselage and am preparing the visible planking.
I still keep the construction report in the German forum (schiffsmodelle.com), but will try to keep a slimmed-down version here in the forum as well.

I will post the pictures of the first stages of construction here tomorrow, as soon as I have made a preliminary selection.
Unfortunately, the very first steps are not documented, the first pictures show the assembled frame.

Funfact: My daughter has lost interest again in the meantime....Kids are funny, especially when they are still small.
Hallo @Lusitania1915
Birthday-Cake

Nice work, I am about to start this kit myself, will definitely watch your progress with interest!

After a lot of time has passed again, a few disorganized pictures of the ship: over the worked brackets waiting to be finished and rigged, the attached scaffolding, and a differentiated look over the deck equipment with pumps and spills.

At the moment, I'm preparing the rigging. The bowsprit is ready to be installed and the mast is being made.

Everything takes a little longer now, because we have a new roommate in the house since last summer, my son ;)

I'm sure that was translated funny now. I write in German and then send it through the translator. However, I have not yet made the cross-check to write it in the forum in German and wait to see if someone translates it :D
IMG_7855.jpgKugelracksbearb1.jpgIMG_8302.jpgIMG_7716.jpgIMG_7732.jpgIMG_7866.jpgIMG_7867.jpgIMG_7868.jpgIMG_7869.jpgStellprobe Deck.jpg

Last edited:

Hallo @Lusitania1915
Birthday-Cake

Very nicely done, but why the carvel not clinker planking of the hull?

Mike

Back