Солей Рояль - Soleil Royal

Looking very good - interesting to see, that you d the complete stern separated from the hull and install it afterwards.... :cool:

I was asked, is it convenient to build a ship on your knees? And where to go. We have to get out of the situation every time, it would be summer soon! Completed the actions on the stern, only priming and painting remained. I will work on the ports of the mid-deck and the inner skin.

Hello, I continue to collect a set of Horse Unicorn on a carriage and a field front 1/4 of a vessel from Ivan Ivanov.
I cut all the long bolts on the wheels, carriage and front. It turned out to be not easy, but I took advantage of my position, I easily and quickly shortened the bolts on the turbine unit with a diamond drill. Then I wondered why there are two buckets in the set, exactly two! It turned out that the only shortage of unicorns was the lack of iron axles. Wooden axles often broke, needed constant lubrication. To do this, each gun had a bucket with grease on it. There was also a second bucket with water (with an admixture of vinegar) at the gun for wetting the banner.
However, in the video you can see several moments that are not in the set, or rather an addition to the set, may Ivan forgive me
The first addition: as you know, the gun was aimed vertically and horizontally when firing. Vertical loading was carried out by the handle of the wedge in the set it is. But the horizontal vodka was carried out with the help of rules. Which were inserted into special sockets of the rear carriage cushion. At the command "To fight!" the fighters of the calculation remove accessories from the carriage, remove the covers and fold the rule.
The second addition: the front of the artillery gun had a front with boxes for shells. Often, the combat situation required opening fire, which is called on the move. I made a cell for shells.
And in conclusion, my next step is to cover the wooden surfaces of the pear with Tung oil and make a glass showcase, so to speak, fighting dust and time!

DSC_0352.JPG
DSC_0353.JPG
DSC_0354.JPG
DSC_0374.JPG
DSC_0375.JPG
DSC_0371.JPG

DSC_0369.JPG

Last edited:
Hello, I continue to collect a set of Horse Unicorn on a carriage and a field front 1/4 of a vessel from Ivan Ivanov.
I cut all the long bolts on the wheels, carriage and front. It turned out to be not easy, but I took advantage of my position, I easily and quickly shortened the bolts on the turbine unit with a diamond drill. Then I wondered why there are two buckets in the set, exactly two! It turned out that the only shortage of unicorns was the lack of iron axles. Wooden axles often broke, needed constant lubrication. To do this, each gun had a bucket with grease on it. There was also a second bucket with water (with an admixture of vinegar) at the gun for wetting the banner.
However, in the video you can see several moments that are not in the set, or rather an addition to the set, may Ivan forgive me
The first addition: as you know, the gun was aimed vertically and horizontally when firing. Vertical loading was carried out by the handle of the wedge in the set it is. But the horizontal vodka was carried out with the help of rules. Which were inserted into special sockets of the rear carriage cushion. At the command "To fight!" the fighters of the calculation remove accessories from the carriage, remove the covers and fold the rule.
The second addition: the front of the artillery gun had a front with boxes for shells. Often, the combat situation required opening fire, which is called on the move. I made a cell for shells.
And in conclusion, my next step is to cover the wooden surfaces of the pear with Tung oil and make a glass showcase, so to speak, fighting dust and time!

View attachment 339799
View attachment 339800
View attachment 339801
A very pretty piece.

Thanks for the comments and likes. My construction of the ship is unusual, I don't do everything like everyone else. Well, for example, at the time it's just right to do roughing, and yesterday I filled the upper decks, and today I began to lay the deck deck of the opera deck.
DSC_0432_compress71.jpg
DSC_0431.JPG
DSC_0420.JPG

Thanks for the comments and likes. My construction of the ship is unusual, I don't do everything like everyone else. Well, for example, at the time it's just right to do roughing, and yesterday I filled the upper decks, and today I began to lay the deck deck of the opera deck.
View attachment 342992
View attachment 342994
View attachment 342996
I like the cannon, but the rigging looks like a cross between British and Continental styles. British rigging used a single train rig and the recoil rope wrapped around the back of the gun. Continental guns had two train rigs and the recoil rope went through the carriage just as you have it. Beautiful wood work.

I changed the shape of the first four frames. I made additional inserts glued to the end surface of each frame, filled the space with balsa. It remains for the grinding machine to work and that's it. I warn photos of my colleagues, that's what the case of the box looks like if done according to the instructions of the magazine.View attachment 277912
View attachment 277913
View attachment 277914
Your hull changes on the bow are a remarkable improvement! I faced a similar problem with the stern of HMS Sovereign of the Seas. The hull was the incorrect shape if you followed the kit instructions. Well done!

Hello , colleague ! Thanks for the comment . All the decor presented on the model is small sets from China. I bought it on Aliexpress . Everything I found on Ali and plus my fantasy turned out as it is . I also liked .
Смотри, что есть на AliExpress! Грушевая резьба украшения костюм для масштаба 1/80 голландская королевская яхта деревянная модель не включает модель корабля за 1 825,13 руб. - уже со скидкой 14%
Смотри, что есть на AliExpress! Модель NIDALE, роскошная яркая груша, резьба, деревянный корабль, модельные украшения, подходит для масштаба 1/80, модель голландской королевской яхты за 2 419,91 руб. - уже со скидкой 15%
Screenshot_20221205-233622.pngScreenshot_20221205-233605.png

Back