Wondering if there are any Groups

Was wondering if there are any groups in the Mid-West area that visits like boys and girls groups to show them the joys of model building? I posted in another thread that maybe us older people who have time on their hands, show the younger generation about the joys of our Hobby. So I was just wondering if there were any groups in my area as for I want to share my love of the craft.

Was wondering if there are any groups in the Mid-West area that visits like boys and girls groups to show them the joys of model building? I posted in another thread that maybe us older people who have time on their hands, show the younger generation about the joys of our Hobby. So I was just wondering if there were any groups in my area as for I want to share my love of the craft.
A very important initiative, I also plan to promote a similar one in my country when I retire. I wish you successThumbsup:)

Having spent some time in a Children's Home in my youth, a church group donated plastic models and set up a model club that met on-site to introduce kids to the hobby. I believe it was time well spent.
Let your heart guide you.
Terry

Viper, where are you located in the Mid-west?

My ship modeling club is in the process of doing a workshop at a local library to jus talk and display some of our models.

I am A member of the Great Lakes Nautical Society, Web Site ( GLNS.org ), in Port Huron Michigan. We have recently made arrangements with the Port Huron museum to clean and refurbish their model ship collection in the Great Lakes Nautical section of the museum. This partnership allows our club to hold our monthly meetings at the museum while demonstrating the art of ship building to the public, and perhaps promoting new members.

Back