Where to purchase full-scale drawings of the bygone era of the tall ships?

At least the first thing that comes to mind is what scale these drawings would be done at.
Are there such drawings that are guaranteed accurate?

Maybe first of all can you define more clear the time period you are looking for?
Bygone era is in general a wide synonym
Thanks in advance

BTW: A warm welcome here on board of our forum

BTW2: we have a special area for books and also drawings, where you can find maybe some answers

More specifically, what ship? What size?
Yes, there are MANY plans sets available for many different ships. But without knowing what you are looking for, its hard to tell you that what you are looking for is available.

Jeff

Maybe first of all can you define more clear the time period you are looking for?
Bygone era is in general a wide synonym
Thanks in advance

BTW: A warm welcome here on board of our forum

BTW2: we have a special area for books and also drawings, where you can find maybe some answers

Hi Uwek, Thank you for your welcome aboard greeting.
I am looking for a scale drawing for the Bounty at 25:1. As you may know the Bounty was made in the late 1700's.
What I want to do is a machine all my wood for the build so don't rely on kits that do not have enough material to build the model. I have had to machine up a fair bit of thin wood myself to finish of kit models and thought why not make my Model of the Bounty where I could position the scale model of the Jolly Boat on her? This probably leads to the Jolly Boat model by Artesania does not follow the true design of the original Jolly Boat.
This according to the net seems to be my understanding.
The actual thought of scaling a drawing will be time-consuming but at least very rewarding. I do have a love for widdling things down to be very small along with accuracy.
I do know the build will take years to do but I hope I have the time to build it. I also know building it at the scale of 25:1 will be around 4 1/2 feet. That would take up a lot of room but I am sure a local museum would take it on after my demise.
Regards
Gary

More specifically, what ship? What size?
Yes, there are MANY plans sets available for many different ships. But without knowing what you are looking for, its hard to tell you that what you are looking for is available.

Jeff
Hi Corsair, If you read my reply to Uwek, I covered all my thoughts in my reply to Uwek there. Thanks for replying.
Regards
Gary

Hi Uwek, Thank you for your welcome aboard greeting.
I am looking for a scale drawing for the Bounty at 25:1. As you may know the Bounty was made in the late 1700's.
What I want to do is a machine all my wood for the build so don't rely on kits that do not have enough material to build the model. I have had to machine up a fair bit of thin wood myself to finish of kit models and thought why not make my Model of the Bounty where I could position the scale model of the Jolly Boat on her? This probably leads to the Jolly Boat model by Artesania does not follow the true design of the original Jolly Boat.
This according to the net seems to be my understanding.
The actual thought of scaling a drawing will be time-consuming but at least very rewarding. I do have a love for widdling things down to be very small along with accuracy.
I do know the build will take years to do but I hope I have the time to build it. I also know building it at the scale of 25:1 will be around 4 1/2 feet. That would take up a lot of room but I am sure a local museum would take it on after my demise.
Regards
Gary

you might start here:
Bounty plan
This plan is from Royal Museums Greenwich.
Thanks, Corsair that is a great start, and most obliged for your help.
Looking at this Plan of the Bounty It is very hard at this resolutions to make out what is written.
So if I get a print of this plan, is there any guarantee I will be able to gain information from it or is it a bit of a guessing game?

Thanks, Corsair that is a great start, and most obliged for your help.
Looking at this Plan of the Bounty It is very hard at this resolutions to make out what is written.
So if I get a print of this plan, is there any guarantee I will be able to gain information from it or is it a bit of a guessing game?
you can order a copy of the original drawings from the NMM in scale 1:48

BTW:
check this topic - you can find these drawings with much higher resolutions also on wikipedia

Back