USS Constitution from Scientific Models

Beautiful job! Your Constitution looks great! I just got out of Rehab for a hip replacement in which the facility had a Scientific Model of the Thermopylae. Both showed how much can be accomplished with these kits! Well done!

Bill

Beautiful job! Your Constitution looks great! I just got out of Rehab for a hip replacement in which the facility had a Scientific Model of the Thermopylae. Both showed how much can be accomplished with these kits! Well done!

Bill
Thanks, Bill! I hear the recovery time for hips is better than the knees. Keep the PT up. If we don’t keep exercising, we start to freeze up.

I just don’t know where to get such skinny planks. I do have both mahogany and walnut veneer, but walnut is way too dark, and I’m not sure how I could get a consistent cut for the planks. And you are so right about the ugly wavy rings/burl on the deck.
May I suggest that you look at Midwest products. I bought several bags of precut lumber to plank an old small-scale HMS Victory by Aeropiccola. It worked well.

Bill

Back