Titanic ak detail kit window question

Sorry if this isn't the right place or maybe even right site for this. I'm building the trumpeter 1/200 titanic w/ ak upgrade kit. Pg 11 top right instructions of the ak kit, photoetch parts d22 and d22. Are those windows? I looked through Ship Magnificent and couldn't find a pic. If they're windows I'll cut them out and put some acetate in. I'm lighting the ship. Thank you!

Sorry if this isn't the right place or maybe even right site for this. I'm building the trumpeter 1/200 titanic w/ ak upgrade kit. Pg 11 top right instructions of the ak kit, photoetch parts d22 and d22. Are those windows? I looked through Ship Magnificent and couldn't find a pic. If they're windows I'll cut them out and put some acetate in. I'm lighting the ship. Thank you!
Hi Bob,

I'm working this build as well, and have the KA upgrades. The parts D21/22 you refer to are PE pieces which more accurately position the double doors which enter into the 3rd class smoking area. See the attached pictures. The area marked by the grey squares on the deck plan is the location of those doors.

If you look at Page 13, bottom left corner, you'll see parts B15 and B20 provide the photo etch doors themselves.

Hope this helps you out.

C Deck.jpgIMG_4204.jpeg

There is a wonderful you tube channel called mid west hobby shop. He has the full 1/200 Titanic build in step by step segment's. You would find the answer by watching their videos of the build

Thank you! So are d21 and d22 not permanent, but just a template to position b15 and b20, and then d21 and d22 are discarded?
Hi. From memory, I actually used the parts on the model and didn't consider them templates.
I'll also back up Bryians' recommendation on the Mid West Model shops build of the 1/200 Titanic. I have referenced their videos many times.

Hi Bob,

I'm working this build as well, and have the KA upgrades. The parts D21/22 you refer to are PE pieces which more accurately position the double doors which enter into the 3rd class smoking area. See the attached pictures. The area marked by the grey squares on the deck plan is the location of those doors.

If you look at Page 13, bottom left corner, you'll see parts B15 and B20 provide the photo etch doors themselves.

Hope this helps you out.

View attachment 441686Thank you! So are d21 and d22 not permanent, but just a template to position b15 and b20, and then d21 and d22 are discarded?

Back