Table Saw question. Again.

Hi, does anyone know if there are table saws which are as good quality and features as Proxxon 37070 FET Table Saw but are cheaper? Please do not mention Byrnes which is better quality than Proxxon but is even more expensive.

Untitled.jpg

Thanks, Steef66,
I tried a second hand market here in Toronto (this is called Kajiji here) and found that there are people declaring that they want this Proxxon machine but there was no-one to offer it.

i never had a problem on ebay and i use it a lot

depends on what you want to spend and how good of a tool you want

ts1.JPGts2.JPGts3.JPG

ts4.JPGts5.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks, Dave Stevens,
those are about equivalent of PROXXON Bench Circular Saw KS 115. See below. I want the machine to do bevel and some better precision as Proxxon 37070 FET Table Saw. Those you show do not meet the specs.

999.jpg

How about this one - tilt capable.View attachment 336006
Good one that, just a copy of the Proxxon FET (the model before the one of the first post.) I got this model of Proxxon. The new Proxxon is more precise but I do a lot with this one.
Why not go for a small one like the 37070 and a normal table saw. There is so much more possible in that way. Something to think about.

Good one that, just a copy of the Proxxon FET (the model before the one of the first post.) I got this model of Proxxon. The new Proxxon is more precise but I do a lot with this one.
Why not go for a small one like the 37070 and a normal table saw. There is so much more possible in that way. Something to think about.
I have a tablesaw, a bandsaw, a scrollsaw, a proxxon ks 115, a mitersaw, several jigsaws. I bought the Proxxon for quickly cutting tiny rips that would be too wasteful on a full tablesaw. The thin blade makes a tiny kerf and while I could rip on a tablesaw, the 1/8" blade width would create a lot of sawdust. Screenshot_20221023-075654_Chrome.jpg20211231_081028 (1).jpg20210916_081028.jpg20210121_122348.jpg

Hoy puedo comprar la máquina Proxxon a $ 640 dólares canadienses con entrega e impuestos (esto es alrededor de $ 470 US en este momento).
Te puedes hacer una tu mismo en casa. Solo necesitas una sierra circular del diámetro que quieras, un motor eléctrico con interruptor y una mesa con una ranura y armazón. Si quieres puedo enviarte los planos, gratis
Saludos

Te puedes hacer una tu mismo en casa. Solo necesitas una sierra circular del diámetro que quieras, un motor eléctrico con interruptor y una mesa con una ranura y armazón. Si quieres puedo enviarte los planos, gratis
Saludos

You can make one yourself at home. You only need a circular saw of the diameter you want, an electric motor with switch and a table with a groove and frame. If you want I can send you the plans, free

For each saw you consider check to see what blades are available. Rip, crosscut, fine tooth, metal cutting, dado, etc. The more choices you have the more versatile the saw will be.

Not sure i would recommend any other grands, but would suggest you look at the second hand market. There is a Preac on ebay now with the extension table but the price is way out of line for a second hand saw. Perhaps you might offer $300 as you have nothing to loose.

I have and use an old Dremel that I have used off and on for about 35 years. Still works well though probably crude by comparison to Preac and the other newer types. I wonder if Dremel still makes them.

I use the MicroMark saw. It has served me well for several years. I can easily slice enough satisfactory strips for planking a large model using a low curf slitting blade.

Last edited:
You made a good choice in buying the Proxxon. The quality is well worth it in my opinion and it obviously has good demand if you decide to re-sell. I really enjoy mine, I bought it for the features and haven't regreted it.

Back