Royal Louis 1780 Mamoli

Tout d'abord, bonne année amis maquettistes.

Le grand mât est assemblé, travail pas facile, si on suit les consignes Mamoli, il faut préparer les différents éléments avant assemblage, mais si on fait ça, on ne peut pas rentrer la pièce de jonction au dessus des hunes.
C'est en cassant , accidentellement le haut de la partie du milieu du deuxième élément du grand mât ( il est en 3 parties ) que je m'en suis rendu compte.
Mais maintenant, pour les autres , je vais faire attention.

IMG_20240103_171140.jpg

IMG_20240103_171124.jpg

Le troisième mât est fait, j'ai avancé doucement car j'ai posé tous les anneaux et les poulies fixés sur la coque qui serviront à attacher les fils des manœuvres.
J'ai aussi prolongé les escaliers bâbord et tribord que je n'avais pas fait assez bas.
Maintenant, je vais m'attaquer au mât de beaupré.

The third mast is done, I progressed slowly because I have installed all the rings and pulleys fixed on the hull which will be used to attach the maneuvering wires.
I also extended the port and starboard stairs that I hadn't made low enough.
Now I'm going to tackle the bowsprit mast.

IMG_20240126_094146.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now the rigging works can start - you prepared a very good basis
Happy Rigging

Les travaux de gréage peuvent maintenant commencer - vous avez préparé une très bonne base
Bon gréement
Merci, mais il y a encore beaucoup de boulot sur les vergues, car je n'ai pas de tour, je fais tout à la main avec un mini rabot et à la lime.
Ça prend du temps.
Le beau temps arrive, donc, je vais passer moins de temps sur le bateau car j'ai du travail dehors.

Thank you, but there is still a lot of work on the yards, because I don't have a lathe, I do everything by hand with a mini plane and a file.
It takes time.
The good weather is coming, so I'm going to spend less time on the boat because I have work outside.

J.e viens de finir le mât de beaupré, il y avait beaucoup de travail dessus dont plusieurs poulies différentes.

I have just finished the bowsprit mast, there was a lot of work on it including several different pulleys.

IMG_20240207_163824.jpg

Petit passage rapide pour dire que je ne travaille pas beaucoup sur le bateau, c'est ça la retraite, on n'a pas le temps de tout faire
J'ai néanmoins commencé les cordages, en suivant l'ordre des plans, donc j'ai attaqué les haubans. Pour aligner les cas de mouton, je me sers d'une astuce vue sur un post qui consiste à planter des petites pointes dans une baguette de bois ce qui permet d'avoir un espacement assez régulier des Caps de mouton, voir photo.

Quick little passage to say that I don't work much on the boat, that's what retirement is, we don't have time to do everything
I nevertheless started the ropes, following the order of the plans, so I attacked the shrouds. To align the sheep caps, I use a tip seen in a post which consists of planting small points in a wooden stick which allows for a fairly regular spacing of the sheep caps, see photo.

IMG_20240415_103401.jpg

IMG_20240415_103415.jpg

IMG_20240415_103458.jpg

Small advance, painting of the figurehead, installation of the grating on the front plate and painting, drilling of the spur and finally varnishing of the hull.

Small progress, painting of the figurehead, laying of the grating on the front form plate and painting, drilling of the spur and finally varnishing of the hull.

View attachment 359337

View attachment 359338

View attachment 359339

View attachment 359340

You are doing a magnificent job! My only suggestion is to tone down the eyes on the figurehead.

J'ai attaqué les haubans du grand mât, j'ai recopié sur papier le plan pour respecter l'espacement des fils.

I attacked the shrouds of the main mast, I copied the plan on paper to respect the spacing of the wires.

IMG_20240426_181911.jpg

So far nice work with shrouds and good luck with rest of ratlinesThumbsup
May I ask why did you use single pulley? To make yard's lift you need a long tackle and a shoe block, because lift starts at the end of a yard. It's nothing scary you just need to glue 2 pulleys small and little bigger. This is how it looks on my RL in 1/200. It's not 100% accurate, but you can judge if you would like to have it that way.
IMG_20240415_103415.jpg
DSC164+.jpg

So far nice work with shrouds and good luck with rest of ratlinesThumbsup
May I ask why did you use single pulley? To make yard's lift you need a long tackle and a shoe block, because lift starts at the end of a yard. It's nothing scary you just need to glue 2 pulleys small and little bigger. This is how it looks on my RL in 1/200. It's not 100% accurate, but you can judge if you would like to have it that way.
View attachment 444961
View attachment 444960
Bonjour, je viens de vérifier sur le plan, sur le mât arrière cette poulie est conforme ( numéro 548 ), sur le grand mât et le mât avant il y a une poulie double. Voir photos.

IMG_20240501_083405.jpg

IMG_20240501_083812.jpg

IMG_20240501_083826.jpg

I was reffering to historical sources Boudriot's 74GS. and Le Commerce de Marseille
Edit. Sorry I didn't notice it's on mizzen. On 74GS is similar to mamoli plans but on LCDM ist's the same as on for and main

IMG_20240415_103415++.jpg
IMG_20240415_103415+.jpg

Last edited:
Back