Replacement Parts from OcCre.

I have mentioned before, the problem I've had in receiving parts from OcCre, whereby they've twice sent me replacement wooden gun carriage kits for the Cazadour kit, only for it to be rejected by UK customs & returned. I have now resolved this by having them sent to relatives in France, then I'll get them on the next visit. Makes me wonder what would happen if ordering kits from EU - not that I would contemplate doing so. I had less trouble buying a switch from Ukraine after the 'war' started!

Can the custom office reject an import? usually they define the custom fee and maybe the VAT, which has to be paid by the importer
Or was written "guns" on the custom declaration formular? ;)

Can the custom office reject an import? usually they define the custom fee and maybe the VAT, which has to be paid by the importer
Or was written "guns" on the custom declaration formular? ;)
Hi Uwek, I've no idea, they didn't give a reason - I think it's just 'bloody mindedness', probably in response to all the 'anti-tourist' laws Spain seem to be creating!

Hi Uwek, I've no idea, they didn't give a reason - I think it's just 'bloody mindedness', probably in response to all the 'anti-tourist' laws Spain seem to be creating!
By allusions:
Rather I would say that it is BREXIT. The tourist overcrowding does not seem to have anything to do with the customs of Great Britain... but perhaps the fault lies with someone else and not with oneself,...

I agree - Brexit - just an excuse for jumped-up politicians to make themselves useless.
It's the same countries & same people doing the same things they've always done! So, why so many new 'laws'??????????? My comments on the tourist regulations were more on the fun side than serious, with no intension at upsetting anyone.
I guess I'll never know why the package was rejected, all they had to do was open it. Just think of all the stuff we get from China.

Stuart

In all fairness! OcCre , being a big manufacturer need to look at their customer service a lot better.
I have had my frustrations with them.
A truely great company but so need to look at their worldwide service.

Several years ago, I ordered a piece of walnut for my cross section. Months went by with no response to email request and one day a package showed up in mail with part I needed. Slow but they did respond and shipped it free.

In my experience Occre's service is excellent:
Some months ago I needed 'help' twice..

- 2 missing pages were missing from the instructions;
I wrote an email on Sunday afternoon, got an answer on Sunday evening(!),
a complete set of instructions arrived within 2 weeks, free of charge.

- my kit was delivered with plastic deadeyes,
I sent an email asking if that was normal for older kits?
Same day I got a very friendly answer. They offered to send wooden ones, free of charge.
Arrived within 2 weeks.

We cannot import anything made of timber to Australia without a declaration saying it’s kiln dried manufactured timber.

In my experience Occre's service is excellent:
Some months ago I needed 'help' twice..

- 2 missing pages were missing from the instructions;
I wrote an email on Sunday afternoon, got an answer on Sunday evening(!),
a complete set of instructions arrived within 2 weeks, free of charge.

- my kit was delivered with plastic deadeyes,
I sent an email asking if that was normal for older kits?
Same day I got a very friendly answer. They offered to send wooden ones, free of charge.
Arrived within 2 weeks.
Excellent. Sounds good to me .

I asked OcCre for wooden ones to replace plastic deadeyes, in two kits, last Dec/Jan, they arrived with no trouble, but this recent 'pantomime' baffles me. Fair play to Xavier, he kept trying.
Obviously Xavier can't do anything about UK customs, his service is outstanding (in my experience).
Our passion should make us relax, but this is frustating..hope the France workaround works for you;-)

you could always move to Spain.. the weather, food and customs are waaayy nicer:cool:

Obviously Xavier can't do anything about UK customs, his service is outstanding (in my experience).
Our passion should make us relax, but this is frustating..hope the France workaround works for you;-)

you could always move to Spain.. the weather, food and customs are waaayy nicer:cool:
Yes, it worked, I'll get the parts June/July as there is no rush. Full marks to Xavier for his co-operation.

I agree - Brexit - just an excuse for jumped-up politicians to make themselves useless.
It's the same countries & same people doing the same things they've always done! So, why so many new 'laws'??????????? My comments on the tourist regulations were more on the fun side than serious, with no intension at upsetting anyone.
I guess I'll never know why the package was rejected, all they had to do was open it. Just think of all the stuff we get from China.

Stuart
I contacted OcCre a few months ago when the UK was not included in their order form. It is Brexit, as the UK doesn’t seem to have an export agreement with Spain. They suggested I bought what I needed via a UK model shop.

I have built a lot of Occre kits - mainly trams and trains - only one ship. They have been very good providing replacement parts. The only caution is that for models they have discontinued, they may not have enough extra replacement parts to honour the "lifetime guarantee". I broke a part on one of their locomotives I was building and they explained that they no longer had a replacement. I had to make a crude repair. But that was the only time.

We cannot import anything made of timber to Australia without a declaration saying it’s kiln dried manufactured timber.
That seems draconian But a few years ago I bought some ash which was sold as "kiln dried". On milling I did find a couple of live ash borer worms so maybe that thing is what the government is trying to prevent?

I am very new here, and in models, but I have bought 2 ships from Occre : they work with FedEx and I live in Thailand : thai customs and Fed Ex are catastrophic
my ships are in Bangkok for more than two weeks and still no news, and transportation and taxes about 25 % price of the ships

tired of this situation, I bought an other ship from Occre, but this time to Amazon.us : you know what ? first, transportation free, I pay taxes when I buy, no problem with customs and after two weeks, I received the ship directly to my door with DHL; so asking something directly to Occre, no , slow and expensive : now I buy with Amazon.us

I contacted OcCre a few months ago when the UK was not included in their order form. It is Brexit, as the UK doesn’t seem to have an export agreement with Spain. They suggested I bought what I needed via a UK model shop.
Hi Roger, I agree, but when the parts are FOC, UK shops wouldn't't want to know. It's a bit hit & miss as other times (post Brexs-it!) parts have come trouble free.

Stuart.

Buenas. Yo he construido varios kit de OcCre. Cuando he tenido algún problema el servicio y la atención han sido excelentes y rápidos. Pero yo vivo en España y no me veo afectado por las aduanas.

Hello good. I have built several OcCre kits. When I have had a problem, the service and attention have been excellent and fast. But I live in Spain and I am not affected by customs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back