by Grant Walker​

It was worth to wait for this book - just received my copy

View attachment 443411

View attachment 443412

View attachment 443413 View attachment 443414

The Rogers Collection of Dockyard Models at the US Naval Academy Volume III​

by Grant Walker​

Ho Uwe,

Now you have to go there. It is a walk in a candy shop, much better then the nmmg where most models are in storage.

Last Friday I visited the Intermodelbau in Dortmund which is the biggest modelling trade show in the world.
For static ship modeling there is not much to see, except for tools and materials. This as the show is more focussed on RC.
Exept for some paper builders like this.
20240419_124836.jpg
In scale 1:1250
20240419_124826.jpg

But mainly RC ship.
20240419_124342.jpg

If you like model trains, scenery, rc ship, truck, tanks and heavy machinery. This is the show to visit.

I came home with some nice Perma grid files, sanding sheets and diamond files for the work shop.
20240421_111958.jpg

Oh and I now want an RC tank, that must be fun to build and protect my garden ROTF

Nice tool, Jan, no questions, but...your Admiral is awesome! I got the best Admiral ever because she always knew what she needed on my birthday. I got a present for my birthday as well (below). It works great and sounds great, the only minor inconvenience is that I cannot use it for scale modeling. but...I got a fresh French loaf every week.

1714157822218.png
IMG_2231.jpg

Hola, I recognise that Snickerdoodle, Otmeal Raisin, Chocolate Chip cookie tool. Do you have the Ice Cram maker attachment?

Jan
I don't think she (Admiral) has one, but I am not worried at all. She will get one as a present for my next birthday...ROTFROTFROTF

Nothing really exciting…..a new shelf added to the workshop……in the corner under the desk top. I sort of almost nearly know where everything is.View attachment 443806
Love your very organized work station. Looks like you have a few models ready to be built. That’s unusual ROTF
How do yo decide which chair to sit in?
How do you decide which model to build next?
Would love to see a build log regardless of which you choose.
Thanks for posting.

Hola, I recognise that Snickerdoodle, Otmeal Raisin, Chocolate Chip cookie tool. Do you have the Ice Cram maker attachment?

Jan
I don't think she (Admiral) has one, but I am not worried at all. She will get one as a present for my next birthday...ROTFROTFROTF
And Jim will change out the bearings, add a vertical dividing head, a 200mm collet and a variable electronic pastry detector ROTF

Back