Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

I have found a good place to get a cutting mat is in fabric department of retail or craft stores, often bigger and cheaper than what you find in hobby stores or online.
Large or small, expensive or cheap is the second matter, the real question is whether those mats are green. According to members of the OOGCM (Owners Of Gren Catting Mat) club, the real scale modeler MUST have the 'Green' catting mat for optimal success. To forsee your question, NO...I am not a member of this club. :eek:

Large or small, expensive or cheap is the second matter, the real question is whether those mats are green. According to members of the OOGCM (Owners Of Gren Catting Mat) club, the real scale modeler MUST have the 'Green' catting mat for optimal success. To forsee your question, NO...I am not a member of this club. :eek:
I have more green cutting mats than completed ship models...

Gentlemen, I can no longer remain silent on the critical issue of cutting mats. One of our administrators has been publicly advocating for green cutting mats - but does he own one himself? NO, HE DOES NOT! While be puts himself out there as being pro-shipbuilding, pro-SOS, in his private life he rejects everything this hobby and this forum stands for. Mon ami this and mon ami that doesn't change the fact that he continues to shirk the established best practice of using a standard green cutting mat. While so many of you have reached out to me privately advocating for his ouster as a forum administrator, I think we should allow him an opportunity for repentance. The ball is now in your court mon ami...

Gentlemen, I can no longer remain silent on the critical issue of cutting mats. One of our administrators has been publicly advocating for green cutting mats - but does he own one himself? NO, HE DOES NOT! While be puts himself out there as being pro-shipbuilding, pro-SOS, in his private life he rejects everything this hobby and this forum stands for. Mon ami this and mon ami that doesn't change the fact that he continues to shirk the established best practice of using a standard green cutting mat. While so many of you have reached out to me privately advocating for his ouster as a forum administrator, I think we should allow him an opportunity for repentance. The ball is now in your court mon ami...
ROTF ROTF ROTF ROTF ROTF

After such a tirade of indirect words against our forum administrator, I cannot remain silent and I want to come to his defense, although I believe he does not need one. While building models, many have forgotten the basic principles of business and trade. Isn't advertising what drives the trade? By promoting green mats didn’t he thereby help their widespread distribution? Moreover, he did this for free, in his free time (and he could not have been modeling). And who said that the advertiser must certainly become an owner of the advertised products?
And then...when, where, and most importantly, who approved cutting only on green mats as an established best practice?

Considering the seriousness of the accusations, he (the administrator) asked me to post a photo of his green mat as proof of loyalty and adherence to established practices (if any).

IMG_0349.jpeg

Best regards, Dmitry

After such a tirade of indirect words against our forum administrator, I cannot remain silent and I want to come to his defense, although I believe he does not need one. While building models, many have forgotten the basic principles of business and trade. Isn't advertising what drives the trade? By promoting green mats didn’t he thereby help their widespread distribution? Moreover, he did this for free, in his free time (and he could not have been modeling). And who said that the advertiser must certainly become an owner of the advertised products?
And then...when, where, and most importantly, who approved cutting only on green mats as an established best practice?

Considering the seriousness of this issue, he (the administrator) asked me to post a photo of his green mat as proof of loyalty and adherence to established practices (if any).

View attachment 442339

Best regards, Dmitry
Methinks he doth protest too much... :oops:

Isn't advertising what drives the trade? By promoting green mats didn’t he thereby help their widespread distribution? Moreover, he did this for free, in his free time (and he could not have been modeling).
Two words: in-kind remuneration... ROTF (aka: free green cutting mats delivered to his New York apartment).

Back