Nuestra Senora del Pilar by Occre - Build log

Good morning Phill,
I just stumbled upon your fantastic brewing protocol and can only say that you have done a great job so far. It will probably take some time until I have everything through.

Dear Phil. I had to do a lot of catching up now and it all looks wonderful. When one takes the size of the ship into account, seeing her in real life, must be a formidable experience! Hopefully, I will be able to follow along on a more regular basis within a month or so, so I will be keenly watching for updates.

Build Log: Nuestra Senora del Pilar (OcCre, 1:46)

Another quick update to my log. Rigging is underway and I thought I'd post a quick update to my S L O W progress. I don't know where I saw this little fixture and advice, whether it was on SoS or another model ship site, but found that it will help immensely in getting the crows feet and euphroe installed in the rigging correctly and easier. It consists of a short piece of stock with 6 brass pins installed to match the spacing of the holes in my 5mm deadeyes. I made it from scrap with a short piece of basswood and some 0.6mm brass wire. Works great in getting the primary stay in place and will help a lot when I start lacing in the crows feet. I can make them easily (I secure the pins with thin CA) and different sizes as needed....thinking ahead of doing the shrouds.

Also finished getting the skiff in place along with the two spare masts. So tomorrow, its crows feet time.....

Take care.
Best regards from Idaho!

(attached are pics - probably too many - for your perusal)View attachment 369533View attachment 369534View attachment 369535View attachment 369536View attachment 369537View attachment 369538View attachment 369539
Nice Phil, very nice! Cheers Grant

Phil, I have only recently joined SoS but I have been modeling ships for 30+ years. I have spent the past three days reading your build log from start to present. You appear to have a natural skill and you have been creating a real beauty! I am as envious of the time you have to invest in this project as I am with the tool kit you have assembled. I still taper masts by plane and sandpaper. I think that I need to invest in some more gear such as a lathe. Thanks for doing such a great job with a meticulously documented build log. I look forward to following your project to its completion. Have you thought about what ship will be your next project?

Hello Phil,
First my apologies for just now being able to view your log. This is exceptional and you are doing this build justice. Very nice indeed. I can tell you have put a lot of work into this. I should have watched this earlier, but I am going back to read more details on this. I remember this kit from long ago (as I wanted to buy it), however, OcCre was only allowing "Only Members of OcCre" to purchase it. I am glad that it is now offered to everyone.

Back