New Occre kit

I wonder why there was no update from my original email stating 3rd week of November. I also do not like paying the full price in October and then not getting the product for 2 or more months. Maybe a deposit instead.

@Model Shipways Can someone with Model Expo please let me know the status of my order. I have left a couple of messages on the Website and tried calling the phone number listed on BBB Website.
You can message me directly if needed.

Thanks,
Jeff Bradford
Jeff,

We have been asking Occre when they are going to ship us the Victory. Monday (11/27) they advised that it should be December 7th. We are bringing it by air, to make it faster. If everything goes as expected, you should be receiving it around December 20th

Jeff,

We have been asking Occre when they are going to ship us the Victory. Monday (11/27) they advised that it should be December 7th. We are bringing it by air, to make it faster. If everything goes as expected, you should be receiving it around December 20th
Hmmm.. shipping on Pearl Harbor day... Be wary, it could be a sneak attack.
KIDDING of course !

Apart from the hefty price, is the model as good as the video, reason it would only be my second ship build.
I would certainly wait till you have another 2 or 3 ship builds under your belt before tackling the Caldercraft kit. Even some seasoned modellers say this the toughest build out there, it's at least a 3 year job, if not more depending on how much time you have to spend on it.

You will also have to have a massive display space.
Occre Victory kit is 3ft 10inches(1172mm) in length, Height 785mm, width 406mm. £1200
Where as the
Caldercraft Victory is 4ft 6inches(1385mm) in length.
Height 940mm, width 525mm. £980.00
And imho much better value for money than the occre kit.
Prices quoted are here in the UK through Cornwall Model Boats.

Thank you Rob for replying to my email.
My first ship was freedom of the seas. The reason I took this on as I am retired, and in my 77th year and wanted to keep the brain active and I found this was Hobby had all the things I liked.

I think you should look at cross section models.
Dont know how good this one is
It will be more varied and of course faster than building a whole ship.

Last edited:
I think you should look at cross section models.
Dont know how good this one is
It will be more varied and of course faster than building a whole ship.

I would suggest not even considering the Corel version as it is quite incorrect as a valid representation of the Victor (see my previous posts on this). For someone who enjoys scratch building and research, this is an acceptable kit as one needs to do quite a lot to make a reasonable mode beginning with the hull pieces - to narrow and too short. Quite some time ago, someone posted three single-spaced pages of corrections to the Corel kit to make it more like the real thing. There are problems with the D'Agostini version but not as consistent or inaccurate as the Corel.

I would suggest not even considering the Corel version as it is quite incorrect as a valid representation of the Victor (see my previous posts on this). For someone who enjoys scratch building and research, this is an acceptable kit as one needs to do quite a lot to make a reasonable mode beginning with the hull pieces - to narrow and too short. Quite some time ago, someone posted three single-spaced pages of corrections to the Corel kit to make it more like the real thing. There are problems with the D'Agostini version but not as consistent or inaccurate as the Corel.
This one appears better than the Corel version but there appears to be inaccuracies in it as well just from looking at the photos...

I recently purchased the Indefatigable kit from Vanguard. It is beautifully detailed and very precise. I am amazed at the technology Chris Watton is using to make the parts in various thickness sheets of various materials. The instructions are precise as well with good pictures. But care is needed every step of the way to execute properly. I expect to be busy for a long time.

Asking price here in the UK is...

£1,215.00 pounds sterling.
Definitely NOT!

I would much better buy the Caldercraft Victory for Less(if I had the space) and still have £200 left over
I had £284 left over from buying mine! (CMB) :)

I would certainly wait till you have another 2 or 3 ship builds under your belt before tackling the Caldercraft kit. Even some seasoned modellers say this the toughest build out there, it's at least a 3 year job, if not more depending on how much time you have to spend on it.

You will also have to have a massive display space.
Occre Victory kit is 3ft 10inches(1172mm) in length, Height 785mm, width 406mm. £1200
Where as the
Caldercraft Victory is 4ft 6inches(1385mm) in length.
Height 940mm, width 525mm. £980.00
And imho much better value for money than the occre kit.
Prices quoted are here in the UK through Cornwall Model Boats.
I bought mine (Caldercraft), last month from CMB, £931.01 ! Wonder what the penny was for? ROTF

Back