New Occre kit

From what was shown, it was only a frame with cannons, without masts, bow, sails and rigging. Pure admirality model. We'll see tomorrow.

Ouch for Occre that send email for the great discovery of a new way to built model ship for... tomorrow ! They were scooped by ModelExpo. For the new way, some others constructor discover it before.

I am not sure what their new construction method is, but having the hull partially exposed is something I have seen in the HMS Bounty from AL; the old AL not the new one.

Et en plus ils sont malades. C'est un prix de fou.

I am not sure what their new construction method is, but having the hull partially exposed is something I have seen in the HMS Bounty from AL; the old AL not the new one.

Et en plus ils sont malades. C'est un prix de fou.
Un prix de fou, même à 1199$.

1199$ USD is a lot of money in CAD. Imagine at the original price of 1700 $. However, ModelExpo are always in sale, just a question of timing ! I am jealous of american poeple hwo can really take profit about their sale. For us the cost of shipping and duties is a pain. Without that, ModelExpo could be definitively my main supplier of parts, tools, etc.

I had looked at the photos earlier... Says the hull and deck are Beech. That would not be my choice for hull or deck planking. Occre should have used a much nicer looking wood in my opinion.

This is a photo of some of my beech...
IMG_3387.JPG

And this is an image of beech strips on sale on the internet...
Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 7.02.10 PM.png

Last edited:
Ouch for Occre that send email for the great discovery of a new way to built model ship for... tomorrow ! They were scooped by ModelExpo. For the new way, some others constructor discover it before.
I agree with you. Occre have been building the anticipation for many days with their presentation and reveal for the 21st October. Then Model Expo seem to beat them to a release announcement today.

More pictures at Model Expo website:

Decks look flat, gratings and belaying pins completely out of scale as usual... the price must be a joke.
Here are very detailed photos of the model

As a naval model it seems spectacular to me. The price...prohibitive for my pocket.

If these pictures are anything to go by then I am sorry Occre but this looks CHEAP! imho compared to other Plank on frame/Admiralty models.
I am so very disappointed in this the quality and another release of the Victory to the the point now that everything they are producing is on the cheap, I am now seriously considering selling the Occre kits in my stash that obviously haven't been built. Imho this has been done on the cheap to Cash in on unsuspecting buyers who will automatically see the name "Victory"
Thankfully I have some other quality kits from different companies that will now take precedence In the Dockyard, even some plastic ones.

Reminds me an old swedish song:

Everything can be sold with killer advertising
Come and buy canned porridge
Everything can be swallowed with killer advertising
Also reasonably sweet canned porridge

Ulf Peder Olrog, 1948.

If these pictures are anything to go by then I am sorry Occre but this looks CHEAP! imho compared to other Plank on frame/Admiralty models.
I am so very disappointed in this the quality and another release of the Victory to the the point now that everything they are producing is on the cheap, I am now seriously considering selling the Occre kits in my stash that obviously haven't been built. Imho this has been done on the cheap to Cash in on unsuspecting buyers who will automatically see the name "Victory"
Thankfully I have some other quality kits from different companies that will now take precedence In the Dockyard, even some plastic ones.
I agree 100% Rob. It’s poorly thought through and any ship modeller with a few kits under his belt would not buy this model.

Something went wrong at Occre, this model can now be purchased in online stores...
Not only before the premiere, but at a very drastic price, worse than I thought.
Yes, maybe something has went wrong regards the premiere on Fb but I actually think this doesn't matter, and Occre know it. I think they have gave permission to Model Expo to unveil and advertise this as I think this kit is predominantly aimed at the American Market, maybe for Occre to make a breakthrough in that area. If we are to believe (which I don't) that this is a limited edition of 999, then the only place I think they would have no problems in selling these would be America due to head per population and of course there will be a lot if not more unsuspecting buyers other than modellers that will purchase this simply because of the name, thus Occre making their money on the production and advertising.
If this happens then I can see this back firing big time for Occre in America.
Just my view and opinion on the situation as I see it just now, time and quality will tell.

Yes, maybe something has went wrong regards the premiere on Fb but I actually think this doesn't matter, and Occre know it. I think they have gave permission to Model Expo to unveil and advertise this as I think this kit is predominantly aimed at the American Market, maybe for Occre to make a breakthrough in that area. If we are to believe (which I don't) that this is a limited edition of 999, then the only place I think they would have no problems in selling these would be America due to head per population and of course there will be a lot if not more unsuspecting buyers other than modellers that will purchase this simply because of the name, thus Occre making their money on the production and advertising.
If this happens then I can see this back firing big time for Occre in America.
Just my view and opinion on the situation as I see it just now, time and quality will tell.
Other view and a good one too. I agree with you. However, a good quality on this ship could been open a new opportunities for the european market seller too. Same thing for A.L. But I understand the postpandemic inflation cost ... and the marketing inflation LOL!

Wow, I really think you guys are being a bit unfair. we are talking about a kit that is quite large. Most of the standard kits with the cheap wood are going for about $700 - $900. Even the Mamoli kit that is 1:150 is $850. Just the cost of the upgraded wood to any of the existing kits would push the price considerably higher. Then, this is a POF kit, not a POB kit (maybe not what we expect from a POF kit) of this magnitude with masts and sails. Combine that with the fact that they are only making 1000 of these kits. So that is only 1000 kits they have to spread the cost of R&D. If you were expecting a full and accurate POF kit of the Victory of this size with masts and sails I would venture that it would run in the $2500 to $3000 range which I doubt they would sell. They needed to come up with something in between. This is their vision.

Back