My hands are offline

You know, shell first no drawings.
I thought Peter still had some frames to draw. :)

Hope rigging work goes better.
Let Peter just sent over his drawings, no problem.

I cleaned today my workspace and installed the PW for the rigging. Tomorrow I will give it a go, see how it works.

Hi Stephan. I just read about your pinched nerve problem. Let's hope it can be solved in short time and permanently so that you can continue your build unhindered. I'll cross my fingers.

I did not much building last time. Just a few moments I could do something. The feeling in both of my hands is almost gone. Bij in hospital a few times to see what is going on. The artritis throughout my spine was the first suspect.
Lucky this was not the case. Nerves in both arms are the cause. There are constrictions in both elbows and in both hands. As a result, the nerves in those places are inflamed, which causes me to lose feeling in my fingers. This also causes tingling and often pain in the hands.
Fortunately, it can be treated, first they are going to use a simple procedure to put injections in both wrists. With the hope that this will be conclusive. If this does not improve within a few weeks, then surgery will have to be done in both elbows to give the nerves space.
I hope the injections help and I will be back on my build soon. And if not, we will just continue writing for the magazine De Modelbouwer and wait for better times.
Tragic to hear but at least there are methods to alleviate the issue. Prayers and best wishes and hope the injection assist in a good recovery. "Kia Kaha" from down under.

Thanks guys for the best wishes, past monday I got my injections. And a day or 3 there was a lot off pain in my wrist on both sides. But the last 2 days it feels good. Pain of the injections is gone. The doctor say to me it could take 2 weeks before I will notice if it helps. So we wait.

Thanks guys for the support.
Little update. The injections are a while ago and did a little to the condition. My tumbs are working again and the rest of the hands work better now. 50% approvement at least. I will soon try to work on the HZ model. Because I think this will be possible again. If not and it getting worse again, I will get another set of injections to avoid surgery. So let be positieve and move on. There are other things in life that could be more worst then old half working hands. :)

This sounds like Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or sometype of pressure on those nerves in the spine. Praying for a recovery.

This sounds like Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or sometype of pressure on those nerves in the spine. Praying for a recovery.
Yes both hands and also in the elbows. The last one asking surgery if the complains stay and injections don't work. There is also artritis in the spine and shoulders. I get a lot of morphine for that. At least I got my feeling back in the fingers. Hope this will stay this way with injections once in a while. We see.

Yes both hands and also in the elbows. The last one asking surgery if the complains stay and injections don't work. There is also artritis in the spine and shoulders. I get a lot of morphine for that. At least I got my feeling back in the fingers. Hope this will stay this way with injections once in a while. We see.
That's quite a lot to deal with.
Wish you all the best, Steef.

Back