Le Rochefort yacht de port de 1787 au 1/36 ( monographie ANCRE)

Bonjour Titoneri Travail très soigné, impressionnant. Une belle vue à travers la fenêtre de votre atelier, je vois le plan de la frégate Hermine qui y est accrochée.
Bonjour Tobias merci beaucoup

Oui effectivement c’est l’Hermione qui est affiché Il était prévu avant le Rochefort, mais j’ai préféré commencer par le Rochefort pour me faire la main.

Je n’ai encore vue personne qui partage la construction de l’Hermione. Les plans sont plus compliqués à mon goût, mais avec l’expérience que j’ai déjà acquise grâce à vous tous entre autres, me laisse dire que ca sera juste plus long et oui forcément un peu plus compliqué

Ils sont tous les 2 au 1/36, et le Rochefort était à l’époque le yacht qui alimentait en poudre l’Hermione.

Hello Tobias thank you very much

Yes indeed it is the Hermione which is displayed It was planned before the Rochefort, but I preferred to start with the Rochefort to get my hands on it.

I have yet to see anyone who shares the construction of the Hermione. The plans are more complicated for my taste, but with the experience that I have already acquired thanks to all of you among others, I can say that it will just be longer and yes necessarily a little more complicated

They are both at 1/36, and the Rochefort was at the time the yacht which supplied powder to the Hermione.

c1-1.jpg

c1-2.jpg

c1-3.jpg

hermione-monographie (2).jpg

hermione-monographie (4).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bonjour Tobias merci beaucoup

Oui effectivement c’est l’Hermione qui est affiché Il était prévu avant le Rochefort, mais j’ai préféré commencer par le Rochefort pour me faire la main.

Je n’ai encore vue personne qui partage la construction de l’Hermione. Les plans sont plus compliqués à mon goût, mais avec l’expérience que j’ai déjà acquise grâce à vous tous entre autres, me laisse dire que ca sera juste plus long et oui forcément un peu plus compliqué

Ils sont tous les 2 au 1/36, et le Rochefort était à l’époque le yacht qui alimentait en poudre l’Hermione.

Hello Tobias thank you very much

Yes indeed it is the Hermione which is displayed It was planned before the Rochefort, but I preferred to start with the Rochefort to get my hands on it.

I have yet to see anyone who shares the construction of the Hermione. The plans are more complicated for my taste, but with the experience that I have already acquired thanks to all of you among others, I can say that it will just be longer and yes necessarily a little more complicated

They are both at 1/36, and the Rochefort was at the time the yacht which supplied powder to the Hermione.

View attachment 435746

View attachment 435747

View attachment 435748

View attachment 435749

View attachment 435750
For everybody interested in this ship, please take a look at the planset review of the Hermione
HERMIONE
12-Pdr frigate of the American War of Independence 1779-1793

by Jean Claude Lemineur with assistance by Patrick Villiers

There is also a very interesting book available
L´HERMIONE / HERMIONE
Lafayette and La Touche-Treville, two men and a frigate serving American Independence

For everybody interested in this ship, please take a look at the planset review of the Hermione
HERMIONE
12-Pdr frigate of the American War of Independence 1779-1793

by Jean Claude Lemineur with assistance by Patrick Villiers

There is also a very interesting book available
L´HERMIONE / HERMIONE
Lafayette and La Touche-Treville, two men and a frigate serving American Independence

J’ai suivi les conseils de Tobias pour noircir les clous.mais avant ils faut les planter dans les couples.moi j utilise une pince chirurgicale pour clouer’ ça m’aide à ne pas les tordres lorsque je tape avec le marteau et ça évite également les impactes sur le bois . Bon je vais continuer mon travail , plus de 60x32 clous pffff ça va être long long …..

I followed Tobias's advice to blacken the nails. But first they have to be driven into the couples. I use surgical pliers to nail' this helps me not to twist them when I hit with the hammer and it avoids also impacts wood. Well I'm going to continue my work, more than 60x32 nails pffff it's going to be a long long.....

IMG_9929.jpeg

IMG_9930.jpeg

IMG_9931.jpeg

IMG_9932.jpeg

IMG_9934.jpeg

IMG_9935.jpeg

IMG_9936.jpeg

IMG_9937.jpeg

IMG_9938.jpeg

IMG_9939.jpeg

IMG_9943.jpeg

J’ai essayé le truc de Jimsky avec de l’huile sur un échantillon, ça marche nickel, mais j’ai préféré ne pas le faire sur LeRochefort car j’ai peur que lorsque je vais collé les planches extérieur et intérieur , la colle ne tiendra plumerci Jimsky quand même pour ta solution

I tried Jimsky's thing with oil on a sample, it worked great, but I preferred not to do it on LeRochefort because I'm afraid that when I glue the exterior and interior boards, the glue won't hold any more thanks Jimsky anyway for your solution

IMG_9951.jpeg

IMG_9950.jpeg

Hello Titoneri, I discussed this topic with our colleague @Kortes . If you use oil and let it dry for about 14 days, you shouldn't have any problems. As for your work, fantastic as always.
merci beaucoup L’huile que vous utilisez est de quelle qualité ?
Moi j’ai essayé avec de l’huile d’olive de cuisine classique

thank you very much What quality is the oil you use?
I tried it with classic cooking olive oil.

Back