LE ROCHEFORT -1787 by jwallKC (Ancre plans)

Very good demonstration of printing problems and the light. Also, I would have never thought about using an easel - very good idea. When I was printing out plans for the Blandford GB, and using my printer at home, I had to set the "properties" of the print dialog box to "ACTUAL SIZE" and that worked exactly right.
I am not sure if some of these people at the printing places quite understand 1:1 ratio - even 100% might not get it. However, a person would have to go into "their" printer mechanism properties to see the different manners that it could print. I bet there is a setting for ACTUAL SIZE scan or whatever. Just my thoughts.

Now, on another note, I studied my plans last night, and it's going to be a "thought process" for me to understand.

Hey Donnie, on the large format copier at my local kinkos, I think it is pulling just a little too fast as the copy is off only on the longitudinal axis of the print... But good thought on looking an "actual size" setting. On a positive note I tested the 11x17 settings on our copier at work and it was spot on for smaller copies (when the plan is placed on the glass only, but not when making copies from the self feed mechanism)... so I copied out all the frames and keel/stem pieces, took a little while and was a little awkward lining things up with the bigger plans on the glass, but success.

Last edited:
I feel your pain regarding the quality of Kinko’s (aka: FedEx Office) large format printing. I drove right past two of those places to my favorite blueprint copy store. They reproduce engineering drawings that MUST be scalable so they keep their machines in tip top shape. And they’re nice to work with as well as cheaper than Kinko’s. Try looking for a blueprint store near you…

Back