Le Rochefort 1/36 - Build Log by Moreplovac

Friends, looking into copy of my plan and noticed that line going thur the middle of the keel is not quite straight...

Rochefort-0007.jpg

Rochefort-0008.jpg

Rochefort-0009.jpg

This part of a copy will be used for a jig and wondering if I am being to picky or should I just go and make another copy of the plan?

I verified both the original and my copy are straight…
image.jpg
image.jpg
I’m a bit paranoid since I’m starting over because of small deviations which seemed to compound as I progressed.
Personally, I would see if I could get a straight copy but those with more experience may have a different opinion…
Best of luck to you.

Good morning, it is difficult to give you the right advice here, trying a new copy would be advisable. There can always be delays when copying.

Thank you gents, I was also leaning towards making another copy... bit paranoid since this supposed to be a plan you can really on for dimension and curves, it is better to get it correct. My original plan is straight enough to rely on...

Thank you..

such small deviations are happening unfortunately
On the other hand: for making and cutting out the upper part of the jig, it is maybe also un-important or the error during gluing the paper on a wooden board and / or cutting out the slots is bigger compared to the deviation of the copy

Hello, question for you guy, if ai ma not mistaken, this like represents cutting line and wondering why is stopped there, not crossing the whole frame, like other frames? This is not noted only on one frame, so it mist have been a reason for this...

Appreciate clarification..

Rochefort-0010.jpg
Rochefort-0011.jpg

Rochefort-0012.jpg

Hello, question for you guy, if ai ma not mistaken, this like represents cutting line and wondering why is stopped there, not crossing the whole frame, like other frames? This is not noted only on one frame, so it mist have been a reason for this...

Appreciate clarification..

View attachment 444230
View attachment 444231

View attachment 444232

Good morning. The drawing shows the double frame, which means the dashed line is the intersection point of the rear frame, they are built offset. Here are a few more pictures.

eZy Watermark_31-01-2023_06-37-19PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_31-01-2023_06-35-36PM.jpeg

IMG_1606.png

Two pictures of finished frames, you can see it clearly because of the different colored wood.

eZy Watermark_04-05-2023_11-11-59-9230PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_15-01-2023_10-31-25PM.jpeg

Last edited:
Back