Le Requin by Zhl - MY FIRST POF MODEL

Learning a lot about Plank on frame kits, the Druid instructions are limited, and a lot is lost and is confusing due to language translation!! How are the instructions booklet and plans on the le Requin?

Learning a lot about Plank on frame kits, the Druid instructions are limited, and a lot is lost and is confusing due to language translation!! How are the instructions booklet and plans on the le Requin?
They are in chineese language only.:D:D:D:D
I think that at this level instructions are always very synthetic, because it is assumed that the modeller should have a higher level of knowledge, furthermore the chineese logic is a bit different from our's. So at each phase it is mandatory to study deeply the plans in order to know in advance everything you will have to do, and only then you can begin your work. Sometimes it is apparently a brain teaser but when you find the key you realize that only your mind is a brain teaser, all the rest is very simple.ROTF
Apart this, materials are first class and everything is very precise, so if you find something that doesn't fit perfectly, you can be sure that the mistake is your's: almost a relief, isn't it?

for me the sheet plans are the ones I use, they help with the measurements and visually keep me on track, yes you are right something does not fit it is probably and error on the builder :) Happy Building!!

and everything is very precise, so if you find something that doesn't fit perfectly, you can be sure that the mistake is your's: almost a relief, isn't it?
You are absolutely right. These top Chinese kits are so precise that there will hardly be a mistake on the manufacturer's side - well said!

My God!!!! Stringers are all wrong!!
This was unexpected, really a bad surprise.

View attachment 436713
I do not think so - it is only the perspective view - I think it wiull be much better and more accurate, when you ley the part directly on top of the area (red lines)
There seems enough meat at the front end (green) where you can adjust to the keel

stringers.jpg

But most important is the accurate fit with the real model and not the drawing - because every modeler is producing some small inaccuracies - every modeler

I do not think so - it is only the perspective view - I think it wiull be much better and more accurate, when you ley the part directly on top of the area (red lines)
There seems enough meat at the front end (green) where you can adjust to the keel

View attachment 437319

But most important is the accurate fit with the real model and not the drawing - because every modeler is producing some small inaccuracies - every modeler
Agree with Uwek Alessandro I remember a lot of filing and sanding for them to fit, you most definitely have the skills to perfect better than I did, it sure is great fun to build good luck

Yep, I became the crazy sander, a lot of corrections to do and the wood sheet is so thin and fragile ewquhfwq!wzwxwz!! (please do not ask me to translate those letters, they are not very polite:D).

Agree with Uwek Alessandro I remember a lot of filing and sanding for them to fit, you most definitely have the skills to perfect better than I did, it sure is great fun to build good luck
I noticed some project differences between your version and mine, isn't by ZHL your's too?

Deck guide lines for nailing, they are so much and so narrow that I'm getting cross-eyedROTF
The central piece of the deck fits perfectly, that's good.
BTW: gluing this long piece will be a hard task as it has to do a double curve, longitudinal and orthogonal, and there is no room for clamps.
any suggest?

1711615325567.jpg

Last edited:
Deck guide lines for nailing, they are so much and so narrow that I'm getting cross-eyedROTF
The central piece of the deck fits perfectly, that's good.
BTW: gluing this long piece will be a hard task as it has to do a double curve, longitudinal and orthogonal, and there is no room for clamps.
any suggest?

View attachment 437967
Pretty sure I used CA glue and heavy weights to fix it Alessandro

Back