Le Requin 1/48 ZHL model

These are not easily assembled! We fabricated similar parts for the "El Terrible" Spanish 74 at the USNA museum workshop. The task of assembling, shaping and coloring them fell to me. It was tedious and fussy in the extreme. Hard to glue up and easy to screw up.
My hat's off to you. Very well done!

These are not easily assembled! We fabricated similar parts for the "El Terrible" Spanish 74 at the USNA museum workshop. The task of assembling, shaping and coloring them fell to me. It was tedious and fussy in the extreme. Hard to glue up and easy to screw up.
My hat's off to you. Very well done!
Thanks! Glueing was indeed tricky and it came down to my fingerspitzengefühl.

Hallo Chrypton,

ein sehr schön gebautes Modell,
Leider mit einem großen Fehler im Bereichs des Hecks /Gitter.
Siehe Fotos/Bilder im Anhang.
Ich baute das Modell nach den Planzeichnungen von Jean Boudriot/ ANCRE-Verlag/ Frankreich,
und habe den gleichen Fehler gemacht,
konnte den Fehler nach einer Mitteilung von Gerard Delacroix noch rechtzeitig ändern.
Eine Fehlerbehebung ist jetzt in deinem Modell sicher nicht mehr möglich.
Trotz alldem , ein sehr schönes Modell. Gratulation.

Grüße
Karl

01.jpg

02.JPG

03.jpg

04.JPG

05.JPG

07.JPG

06.JPG

Hallo Chrypton,

ein sehr schön gebautes Modell,
Leider mit einem großen Fehler im Bereichs des Hecks /Gitter.
Siehe Fotos/Bilder im Anhang.
Ich baute das Modell nach den Planzeichnungen von Jean Boudriot/ ANCRE-Verlag/ Frankreich,
und habe den gleichen Fehler gemacht,
konnte den Fehler nach einer Mitteilung von Gerard Delacroix noch rechtzeitig ändern.
Eine Fehlerbehebung ist jetzt in deinem Modell sicher nicht mehr möglich.
Trotz alldem , ein sehr schönes Modell. Gratulation.

Grüße
Karl

View attachment 444030

View attachment 444031

View attachment 444032

View attachment 444033

View attachment 444034

View attachment 444036

View attachment 444035
Hi Karl,

Thank you for clarifying this and what a great model you have made. It is a pity, I did not see it before, since it would have made it much easier for me.
I'm by far not as precise as you are in building models and I'm improvising constantly as I go along. I guess, the creator/designer of this kit also did not cover all the details, and especially with the back side this is the case. As you pointed out, the rear should go in a straight line, while the railing of the kit has a nice curve in it. I do not mind this kit is lacking historical accuracy, since this is also not my goal. Also, I have been making quite some mistakes in the kit, which I would do differently next time (although it probably would not fit in my home ;))
Anyway, I have been closing some of the holes you pointed out and continue improving my build.

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

Back