Laying out a Frame

I am in the process of starting a build on the model ship Hawkins Gunboat No3 by Dikar. Nice model, horrible plans!
When I received the kit, the false keel was severely damaged (had to create a new one), and the frames were not included[?]
The construction sheets did not include body lines so that I might be able to construct a new set of frames
by using the graph method. Question: Is there anyway, to create frames if you don't have body lines on the plans?
In 1988 and 1989 Ships in Scale published in their (Nov-Dec, Jan-Feb 1988, and Jan-Feb 1989) publications a wonderful build
by a gentleman by the name of John J. Magno, regarding the Hawkins Gunboat No3 from start to finish including sail making.
If I could possibly find out a way to construct the frames, I feel it would be a most enjoyable build. So, if anyone has
any suggestions, ideas or has completed this kit it would most truly be appreciated. Best, wayne.

so you do not have the bulkheads nor the wood sheet they were in?
without hull lines it is impossible to recreate the bulkheads.
One way to do it is the take an image like the one here import it into CAD and trace the bulkheads

gb.JPG

Dave - Thank you so much for taking the time to send me information and guidance on
how to produce a set of bulkheads for my Hawkins Gunboat No3. I am so excited that
I can finally begin to build this model. I don't have CAD, but I was able to trace your samples
off the computer screen (high tech), enlarge the traced images to 150% and re-draw the new
frames to their correct proportions by using French curves. Also, I just happened to find the
number 6 frame and it matched exactly to my finished drawing. Again, thanks and I hope I
can repay the favor!
Best, wayne

you can repay the favor by posting your results

i can refine the drawing if you need and post a high res image, what i did was just an example and i was not all the careful when drawing.

you can repay the favor by posting your results

i can refine the drawing if you need and post a high res image, what i did was just an example and i was not all the careful when drawing.
Dave - Thanks for the offer but I think I'll be fine as to what you've already sent - I'll definitely send you results. I'm new to
this site and model ship building but as soon as I get adjusted and learned how to send photos, I'll let you know.
Thanks, Best wayne

Back