L'Artésien - Vaisseau de 64 canons 1/48 scale

What a beautiful model! This is magnificent work with the frames exceptionally clean and crisp. The finishing work around the stem and stern are of the highest order. I will certainly follow along for this one!

BTW: for everybody interested in the monograph this model is build, please take a look at the planset review

L'ARTÉSIEN - 64 gun ship - 1764
Vaisseau 64 canons constructed by Joseph OLLIVIER
by Jacques FICHANT

Thank you for all your encouragement.
Here are some photos to show you the situation today.
As you can see, I am making a model that will be partially finished so you can see the interesting details.
A previous photo shows the parts just installed and not glued.
In the next two photos, they are definitely stuck together.

IMG_1728.jpgIMG_1729.jpg

On the other hand I drilled the locations of the pump feet.
The four holes for the pumps on the main mast were easy to do with a drill, but for the two on the jigger-mast it was a little more delicate and ended up using needle files.

IMG_1730.jpgIMG_1731.jpgIMG_1711.jpg

To follow manufacturing of a knee-rider. The assembly and gluing of the parts is done on a sheet of bristol 160gr/m2.

IMG_1239.jpgIMG_1240.jpgIMG_1242.jpgIMG_1244.jpgIMG_1246.jpgIMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1257.jpgIMG_1258.jpgIMG_1260.jpgIMG_1261.jpgIMG_1266 (1).jpgIMG_1409.jpgIMG_1432.jpgIMG_1433.jpgIMG_1434.jpgIMG_1435.jpgIMG_1436.jpgIMG_1440.jpgIMG_1441.jpgIMG_1720.jpg

WOW! Excellent craftmanship, and many thanks for sharing the entire process of making frames. So...if I understand you correctly, you are using only copying saw to cut frame parts?

BTW: for everybody interested in the monograph this model is build, please take a look at the planset review

L'ARTÉSIEN - 64 gun ship - 1764
Vaisseau 64 canons constructed by Joseph OLLIVIER
by Jacques FICHANT

In addition it is desirable to have on hand the books of Jean Boudriot: the 74-gun vessel.

This is simply amazing work with the highest level of attention to the smallest of details. And I know that @Jimsky Jim will agree with me on this one: I would also love to see a picture of your cat. :)
Yeah...confirmed, great level of attention to mostly omitted details on the model.

Back