Iron-on veneer

Browsing for a source of veneer I stumbled on this stuff. Has anyone ever used it on a model or is it considered too naff? it claims to be 0.6mm thick. perhaps an odd patch here and there for a tricky shape would be acceptable?
s-l1600.jpg

Never used such a band for modeling - only for boards of a bookshelf
I think it will depend on the location you want to use it - because the fixed glue (fixed at the veneerband) has to be fully heated by an iron, that it will really harden .
Using f.e. as a hull planking - you have to keep the plank correctly at the place and go over with the iron to fix it. So maybe problematic in the accuracy
I have my doubts, that it has advantages compared to wood glue and normal veneer

My only concern that if used for planking, the heat of the iron may dislodge previously applied planks.I use normal veneers and all vicosities of CA glue to affix in place. I have found issues trying to use PVA as the moisture causes the Veneer to swell

thats iron on edging for shelves and counters.its redily available in many varieties of wood. if doing thin strips, you can use a soldering iron with a flat plate tip.

great stuff and cheap

I've used it to edge shelves, comes in a variety of finishes. I would not use it for ship modeling, the wood grain can be course and out of scale.

Back