Hoy mates, New crew member.

Hoy, I just want to say hello, I'm a new member as of .... 7minutes ago. I have a large collection of model ships that might intrest some of you. Actually I take care of some of the largest model ships in America, I think the largest collection of large model ships in the World. Not the most, not the biggest but the most of the biggest!
We have, (my place of employment, begining my 30th year) the 1/3rd scale model of the Mayflower built by Warner Brothers for the movie 'Plymouth Adventure. ' A 30 model of the Queen Elizabeth. A eighteen foot model of the QE-2. A few eight foot five masted Schooners, four foot two masted Schooners here and there. Under construction a 40 foot LOD, 60 feet LOA 1796 American Brig of war. A 47 foot conversion of the 1938 Americas cup yacht Ranger. Also under construction a 16 foot model of the Thomas W Lawson, the only 7 masted Schooner built.
I build models all day everyday. I never thought I would grow up to do this for a living. I've spent most of my life building,
sailing, restoring, living on, traveling on sailboats. I don't go to sea anymore, I'm done with it. Too much like work these days.
If anybody would like to see what I'm doing please search on You Tube Jimmy Frost Master Shipwright. I did not come up with that title, I'm the museum curator and model builder. Please forgive my slow speech I'm trying to think of what to say while saying it. Forgive me I got the scale of the Queen Elizabeth wrong, she isn't 1/48 scale she's bigger @ 1/30th. I did not know this video was going to be posted on You Tube.
Thanks mates. Any questions, please ask.

Looks like you have a good time with scale ships.

Welcome to the forum with the best builders around.

Where is the US do you hang out.

You can add location under your icon by going to your icon in top right, and left click, and look for account details and location, and put as much as you want so we know where you from and maybe another modeler near by you.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Bienvenido. Te felicito por la asombrosa colección de barcos que has mostrado en tu video de presentación.

I tried to enter my location . I dont know what a URL or ICQ is?
Anyway, I'm in Myrte Beach South Carolina USA.
Please forgive my slow speech, I'm trying to think of what to say while saying it.

I tried to enter my location . I dont know what a URL or ICQ is?
Anyway, I'm in Myrte Beach South Carolina USA.
Please forgive my slow speech, I'm trying to think of what to say while saying it.
You don't need to put the information into either of those fields. URL is Uniform Resource Locator and it is basically a web address if you have a web page. ICQ is a messaging platform and the ICQ field would be a place where you would put the address to contact you on that platform. :) I would bet that most of the people on here don't know what ICQ is, so you're not alone there. :D

Jeff

WOW!!! I'd go to the restaurant there just to see the ships. Most impressive. I lament with you over the Americas Cup vessels. Twenty knots speed was pushing the edge of the envelope back then. Today's foiling vessels hit 40 to 50 knots. Obviously design changes were required to obtain those speeds not to mention mega rule changes. Still the boats are beautiful in their own right.

Aye, thanks mates. Last October I finished a 'Welcome Home' display for the Vietnam Veterans. I have every American designed helicopter that flew in that war, Twentynine designs! Fifty two helicopters are in the display with several Hueys and Cobras with different Squadron markings. It might be the most popular display at the resturant!!!
I'm currently working on the 'Age of Discovery' display. I will up date all of you shortly.

Hoy, I just want to say hello, I'm a new member as of .... 7minutes ago. I have a large collection of model ships that might intrest some of you. Actually I take care of some of the largest model ships in America, I think the largest collection of large model ships in the World. Not the most, not the biggest but the most of the biggest!
We have, (my place of employment, begining my 30th year) the 1/3rd scale model of the Mayflower built by Warner Brothers for the movie 'Plymouth Adventure. ' A 30 model of the Queen Elizabeth. A eighteen foot model of the QE-2. A few eight foot five masted Schooners, four foot two masted Schooners here and there. Under construction a 40 foot LOD, 60 feet LOA 1796 American Brig of war. A 47 foot conversion of the 1938 Americas cup yacht Ranger. Also under construction a 16 foot model of the Thomas W Lawson, the only 7 masted Schooner built.
I build models all day everyday. I never thought I would grow up to do this for a living. I've spent most of my life building,
sailing, restoring, living on, traveling on sailboats. I don't go to sea anymore, I'm done with it. Too much like work these days.
If anybody would like to see what I'm doing please search on You Tube Jimmy Frost Master Shipwright. I did not come up with that title, I'm the museum curator and model builder. Please forgive my slow speech I'm trying to think of what to say while saying it. Forgive me I got the scale of the Queen Elizabeth wrong, she isn't 1/48 scale she's bigger @ 1/30th. I did not know this video was going to be posted on You Tube.
Thanks mates. Any questions, please ask.

WOW! Where do you go up from there? So MANY sails!

I need to figure out how to post pictures. This technology is new to me.
James, the easiest method to add photos and images is to drag them from your PC\laptop and drop them into the post.

Another option is to use the 'Attach files' button on the bottom left of each post. Navigate to where you stored your images and choose an image or multiple images.

Back