HMS GRANADO 1:48 scale PoF CAF Model by Keith

Awesome news Keef. Lots of prayers answered!!!

I dealt with prostate cancer 3 years ago. Rounds of radiation (no surgery) and today, the prognosis is good. I hope your journey with cancer goes well and new technology, faith, and a strong constitution find you well and starting a new model in a few years!! Be well my friend...look forward to more pictures of your wonderful build.

These are very good news - wish you a fast recovery

Hi guys! Thank you for your kind thoughts concerning my health issues. I'm very pleased to say the surgery went well and the stitches are coming out on Tuesday. In the mean time l'm happily returning to my workshop and Granado build today. The centre sections, port and starboard, of the mortar beam clamps are fitted. These are 3 mm thick strips and the bow and stern sections require some pretty hefty bending which is quite a challenge at that thickness. While attempting this, l have made up the five riders for the forward mortar bed supporting the 13 inch mortar. These must have been impressive, chunky pieces of timber on the actual ship which support the weight and recoil forces of this very heavy weapon. The inner surfaces have to be sanded and chamfered to fit the curve of the hull. One is done and dry fitted to test the fit, but the clamps and inner planking have to be finished yet before the riders can be installed permanently in position, so a bit more work needed yet

DSC08133.JPG

DSC08135.JPG

DSC08138.JPG

DSC08131.JPG

DSC08126.JPG

Good to hear that your recovery is ongoing forward - your workshop was missing you
Very good progress
I am crossing the fingers with the installation (and especially the bending) of the clamps fore and aft - it is tricky, yes, but I am pretty sure, that you will rock them :cool:

Good to hear that your recovery is ongoing forward - your workshop was missing you
Very good progress
I am crossing the fingers with the installation (and especially the bending) of the clamps fore and aft - it is tricky, yes, but I am pretty sure, that you will rock them :cool:
Thank you Uwe. Yes it's good to be back. l shall be catching up with you in no time (I think not) :)

Back