HMS ALERT 1777 cutter POF by shota70 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Shota my dear friend,
your plan of travelling the world is a wonderful idea. You are of course always welcome in my humble home. Your ALERT has become really wonderful. As already mentioned in the PN, I would like to say again that your development of personal performance has steadily increased and you have done a fantastic job. I am looking forward to your next project and our next meeting.

Witaj
Prezentuje się pięknie możesz być z siebie dumny kawał dobrej roboty Shota . Pozdrawiam Mirek
Mirek, mój dobry przyjaciel
Dziękuję bardzo, za miłe słowa i komplementy podczas całego processu budowy

Mirek my good friend
Thank you very much, for the kind words and compliments throughout the construction process

Hello Shota my dear friend,
your plan of travelling the world is a wonderful idea. You are of course always welcome in my humble home. Your ALERT has become really wonderful. As already mentioned in the PN, I would like to say again that your development of personal performance has steadily increased and you have done a fantastic job. I am looking forward to your next project and our next meeting.
Dear Tobias
Thank you very much for all the words of encouragement and compliments.
I did feel the gradual development in my abilities, and this is also thanks to your comments and those of other good friends about things that need to be improved and made more precise.
Thank you very much for your willingness and invitation to a meeting in the future.
I believe and hope that we will be able to meet for a glass of beer and a good meal and lots of laughs as was the case in Augsburg.
By the way, do you intend to come to the meeting in October 2024 near Lake Geneva.
is there a similar meeting planned in Germany next year?

Dear Tobias
Thank you very much for all the words of encouragement and compliments.
I did feel the gradual development in my abilities, and this is also thanks to your comments and those of other good friends about things that need to be improved and made more precise.
Thank you very much for your willingness and invitation to a meeting in the future.
I believe and hope that we will be able to meet for a glass of beer and a good meal and lots of laughs as was the case in Augsburg.
By the way, do you intend to come to the meeting in October 2024 near Lake Geneva.
is there a similar meeting planned in Germany next year?
Oh yes, I will be there together with La Palme or Le Rochefort. Uwe, Oliver and a few colleagues from the working group will also be there. As far as I have read, Ricci and Matiz from Italy will also be there. I am already looking forward to the meeting and getting to know the colleagues from France and Italy.

Here is the link to the list of participants and their models.

Oh yes, I will be there together with La Palme or Le Rochefort. Uwe, Oliver and a few colleagues from the working group will also be there. As far as I have read, Ricci and Matiz from Italy will also be there. I am already looking forward to the meeting and getting to know the colleagues from France and Italy.

Here is the link to the list of participants and their models.
Dear Tobias
How and where do I register for a meeting/conference? And is it possible to register as a participant without presenting a model? Because it is difficult to fly a model

Dear Tobias
How and where do I register for a meeting/conference? And is it possible to register as a participant without presenting a model? Because it is difficult to fly a model
Hi Shota, you probably know Dafi from the meeting in Augsburg, he took over for me. The easiest way is to write him a message.

Hi Shota, you probably know Dafi from the meeting in Augsburg, he took over for me. The easiest way is to write him a message.
thanks my dear friend for the information!
How can we forget a special person like Dafi, he and his wife's charming smile and humor

Last edited:
‏good evening my dear friends
First I would like to thank all of you for the compliments, words of encouragement, likes and smiles that all together warm my heart :)
Today I prepared and installed the Bowsprit as well as the Mainmast. the Bowsprit is made from two identical parts that prepared in cnc. after cleaning the sawdust, I glued the halves.
After that I sanded the Bowsprit until a smooth circle was formed which was then smeared with oil.
doring the installing the Bowsprit, they were strengthened with two browned metal rods.
After that I installed the Bowsprit which was prepared about two months ago.
Later I prepared the wooden surface on which the ship will be placed, the surface was prepared from an elimination parquet board, And on it I placed the plexiglass cover.

as you can see I'm really close to finishing the work on the ship
View attachment 402903View attachment 402904View attachment 402905View attachment 402906View attachment 402907View attachment 402908View attachment 402909View attachment 402910View attachment 402911View attachment 402912View attachment 402913View attachment 402914View attachment 402915View attachment 402916View attachment 402917View attachment 402918View attachment 402919
The bowsprit and mast gives your Alert a new dimension, Shota. And a nice display case.
Regard, Peter

Last edited:
It would be worth the trip for the good-looking strawberry cake alone.Coffee;)
Just an 8 hour drive, it could be done. Your Welcome. :) Coffee-CupBirthday-Cake

There always lot of German tourist around here, many little pleasure ships on the lake and river in the summer. They came all to my little restaurant in the past to eat my special hamburgers and drink Grimbergen. Beer Search for Wessem Camping

My Congratulations for finishing your amazing Alert - very well done
and also congrats for the great idea to meet others around the world
I would be very happy to see you again, maybe in france or even once more in Germany on our yearly meeting (I think in 2024 it will be near Frankfurt) or during a visit of my town Vienna ....... I am pretty sure, that we will see us

BTW:
This is the meeting in France in October 2024 (so in one year)

I am attaching 3 more photos,
I installed Two support columns for display, where the ship's keel will be installed and I even made a preview on the shelf next to the hannah
View attachment 403011View attachment 403012

View attachment 403016
Hello Shota,
That's a beautiful Alert you build yourself, quite an accomplishment.
There's one thing however I find just a tad disappointing; she is lacking her propulsion system...
Running the risk of receiving some fierce opposing opinions, I am an absolute fan of a sailing ship completely rigged, with all the running and standing rigging installed and with sails, either fully deployed, half set or furled. I am almost inclined to challenge you to go ahead and scratchbuild the spars, sails and rigging, almost...

Back