Help needed here please.

Gonna post this on another my thread but does anyone have any tips on how to fix these tiny pillars ( stanchions ) things and allow time to position them and possibly enough work time to adjust precisely.
What might be the best glues or similar?

IMG_0819.jpeg

IMG_0820.jpeg

IMG_0821.jpeg

Last edited:
Tiny dabs of a two part epoxy glue should be OK. Araldite do a 15 minute drying version, the 'original' takes several hours. You might want to make several spacers to help you.

I would suggest a white PVA glue, which gives you some time to align before drying.

One other suggestion is to print a paper copy of the transom and lay out your columns and then use painters tape in narrow strip across the line, to pick them up and transfer to final location. You can use the tape to turn over the parts and use toothpick or small applicator to add a drop of glue to each one, before placing in position on the ship.

This should allow for easier alignment and adjustment, and when glue has dried, you simply pull tape up and off.

I use this similar process when laying down wooden ties on my model railroad track, to help align and maintain even spacing between a row of wood ties.

I would suggest a white PVA glue, which gives you some time to align before drying.

One other suggestion is to print a paper copy of the transom and lay out your columns and then use painters tape in narrow strip across the line, to pick them up and transfer to final location. You can use the tape to turn over the parts and use toothpick or small applicator to add a drop of glue to each one, before placing in position on the ship.

This should allow for easier alignment and adjustment, and when glue has dried, you simply pull tape up and off.

I use this similar process when laying down wooden ties on my model railroad track, to help align and maintain even spacing between a row of wood ties.
Nice idea, thank you. Will see how I get on and post the finished bit here after.

Back