Hello, Wayne from Melbourne Australia.

G'day Wayne,
Welcome aboard, from Melbourne.
Cheers,
Stephen.
Hi mate, and great to see there are a Few Aussies here on SOS.
And everyone is very friendly.
And your into RC boats, actually I go back a Long way with with RC boats.
Had a couple of Balsa / wood ones with electric and Enya IC in teens and 20's
Later joined "Ringwood Model Marine Club', we ran at Ringwood Lake until we got kicked off after 10 years.
I had a Multi, for course racing, with an OS 45 RSR.
Yes we were on 27 Mhz, and later had to move to 29 Mhz

Later joined "Ringwood Model Marine Club', we ran at Ringwood Lake until we got kicked off after 10 years.

wow, I did the same thing with remote control boats at Ringwood lake and up at Yan Yean about 45 years ago.
Perhaps we rubbed shoulders back them.

Yeah there are not that many active RC model boat groups/clubs around any more...
I never went over to Ringwood to see what was happening, I would occasionally go to Box Hill, Surry Dive.
Now days I sail with Bosons Model Boat Group at Niddrie Lake, https://bmbg.au/About.html
You are most welcome to come along on a sail day.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Welcome aboard, from East Bentleigh (Melbourne) SOS Gary. There are quite a number of Aussies here.
Hi Rob, yes there is quite a lot of Aussies here, and a few from Melbourne.
And like you, all very friendly.
And I actually grew up in South Oakleigh.
I'm also on Model Ship World, and doing a Build Thread there, but I'm getting very little response.
I'm thinking that that Forum may not be for me, do you have any thoughts on MSW.

I'm also on Model Ship World, and doing a Build Thread there, but I'm getting very little response.
I'm thinking that that Forum may not be for me, do you have any thoughts on MSW.
I do not have much to do with MSW. Connecting via Facebook I may have turned off the notifications for it too. I find SOS much better. The weekly email of what is happening and emails as required of other threads I follow I find are great. People are friendly and helpful. I have had all the help and advice I need here and no need to get more from MSW. And if they have not been as responsive as here, then you have answered your own question. :)

Don't bother with that other mob. We are much friendlier here.

h
Wow yes it is a good chance we did, what is your full name, mine is Wayne Womersley.
I'm 74, how old are you.
What sort of boat / boats did you run ?
hi Wayne,

I was a member of the Greensborough ship model club in the 70's, and we ran our R.C boats at Yan Yean lake. I was into glow plug engined fibreglass speed boats back then. I'm sure you would remember Harry at full ahead model boats in Watsonia.

hi Wayne,

I was a member of the Greensborough ship model club in the 70's, and we ran our R.C boats at Yan Yean lake. I was into glow plug engined fibreglass speed boats back then. I'm sure you would remember Harry at full ahead model boats in Watsonia.
Hi Bryian, yes I remember Harry at Full Ahead.
Bought 2 fiber glass hulls off him, along with Prop Shafts, Rudders, Props, and a heap of other stuff .
Do you remember Peter Gray.

And I hope I’m posting in the right place here, I’m hoping this is “Introductions”
And only the second time on a forum, the first with my Soarer car many years ago.
So I’m still learning how to navigate and find things on this site.
This is the first boat I have built in 60 years, the first was a 50 cm 1960’s Motor Launch.
I built it from a 1:1 plans sheet, balsa and 1/16 ply, with an electric motor. No kits back then.
Anyway as my adult ‘kids’ tell me, no one is interested in the past.
I’m currently building the Billings African Queen, so I guess I should start a build thread in that folder.
Hallo @a49kid
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

I also remember Full Ahead, he had a shop in St James road Rosanna for a while which was just down the road from where I grew up, his mum would run the shop because Harry was very busy making product and therefore in and out a lot.

I also remember Full Ahead, he had a shop in St James road Rosanna for a while which was just down the road from where I grew up, his mum would run the shop because Harry was very busy making product and therefore in and out a lot.

Steve,
as a 16 year old boy I worked every Saturday for Full Ahead model boats, as an assistant making fibreglass hulls.

I never knew Harry had a shop. I just bought stuff from his shed, at his house.
And I guess he was about the largest supplier of fast IC boat gear in Victoria, and probably all of Australia.
Yea the "Good Old Days" when guys actually built and raced boats, now kids just go to their room and play on their phones and pads / pods.

Steve,
as a 16 year old boy I worked every Saturday for Full Ahead model boats, as an assistant making fibreglass hulls.
I went to "Rc Garage" in Boronia today, to buy some of that expensive Tamiya spray paint.
Anyway there were flyers on the counter for "Racing Model Boat Club".
Run at a lake at Braeside.
Yea, amoung other boats, they run fast IC glow boats, wow, because of the noise I thought they were banned at just about every lake etc.
It's good to see that they are helping to keep OS afloat ...............
Yea our club, "Ringwood Marine Model Club" got tossed off Ringwood Lake.

Back