Hello, Wayne from Melbourne Australia.

And I hope I’m posting in the right place here, I’m hoping this is “Introductions”
And only the second time on a forum, the first with my Soarer car many years ago.
So I’m still learning how to navigate and find things on this site.
This is the first boat I have built in 60 years, the first was a 50 cm 1960’s Motor Launch.
I built it from a 1:1 plans sheet, balsa and 1/16 ply, with an electric motor. No kits back then.
Anyway as my adult ‘kids’ tell me, no one is interested in the past.
I’m currently building the Billings African Queen, so I guess I should start a build thread in that folder.

Last edited:
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

And I hope I’m posting in the right place here, I’m hoping this is “Introductions”
And only the second time on a forum, the first with my Soarer car many years ago.
This is the first boat I have built in 60 years, the first was a 50 cm 1960’s Motor Launch.
I built it from a 1:1 plans sheet, balsa and 1/16 ply, with an electric motor. No kits back then.
I’m currently building the Billings African Queen, so I guess I should start a build thread in that folder.
Welcome aboard from Newcastle Wayne. Enjoy the site.

Hi Wayne welcome to the SOS from Western Australia, (The "Wait Awhile State"). It is a great site, and many helpful members onboard.

Last edited:
G'day Wayne,
Welcome aboard, from Melbourne.
Cheers,
Stephen.

Back