Hello from Denver, CO - USA

Just a quick hello from Colorado.

I am just starting my wooden ship building journey. I have been building plastic car models since about 1965. Over all of the years since, I have built cars, trucks, planes, buildings, Estes rockets, model railroads, go carts, etc...... Never have I ever built a wooden model ship or boat.

Been lurking here for a few years and always admired the skill and effort that went into some of the more elaborate kits other members have shared. I am in awe of what you guys can do. So, early this summer I decided to jump in after I found the Lowell Grand Banks Dory beginners kit from Model Shipways. I mean I gotta start somewhere and at sometime before I pass onto the next astral plane. I'm about 1/3 the way through and happy with the results and having fun while I'm at it. Looking froward to getting this done so I can start my next build - yet to be decided.

Thanks again to the Mods for the admission.

Mark

also from my side a warm welcome on board of our forum.
Very good that you decided for a reasl particpation and not only lurking....
Especially it will be helpful, when you start a building log of your Lowell Grand Banks Dory project, so we can assist and help when necessary and requested

I am just starting my wooden ship building journey. I have been building plastic car models since about 1965. Over all of the years since, I have built cars, trucks, planes, buildings, Estes rockets, model railroads, go carts, etc...... Never have I ever built a wooden model ship or boat.

Been lurking here for a few years and always admired the skill and effort that went into some of the more elaborate kits other members have shared. I am in awe of what you guys can do. So, early this summer I decided to jump in after I found the Lowell Grand Banks Dory beginners kit from Model Shipways. I mean I gotta start somewhere and at sometime before I pass onto the next astral plane. I'm about 1/3 the way through and happy with the results and having fun while I'm at it. Looking froward to getting this done so I can start my next build - yet to be decided.

Mark
Hallo Mark alias @Cabin Boy
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hey Mark, Happy birthday!
I live in Aurora. Are you aware there is a local ship building club called Rocky Mountain Shipwrights? They meat on the 3rd Saturday of the month at Rockler Woodworking and Hardware at 9:30 AM. We also have a workshop meeting on the 1st Saturday of the month at the Arvada Police Department. It’s a great bunch of people there! Come check us out !

Jeff

Thanks all for the birthday wishes. I do appreciate it.
Jeff, @Corsair Looks like May 20th is the next meet. Are you talking about the Rockler on S Colorado Blvd. (about Yale) - so close to my house. I just need to put some finishing touches on my Dory and I could bring it along! It is almost done, so I am considering my next build now.

Thanks all for the birthday wishes. I do appreciate it.
Jeff, @Corsair Looks like May 20th is the next meet. Are you talking about the Rockler on S Colorado Blvd. (about Yale) - so close to my house. I just need to put some finishing touches on my Dory and I could bring it along! It is almost done, so I am considering my next build now.
Hey Mark,
Yep, that's the place and date. Yes, it's just a little north of Yale. That would be great if you want to do a "show and tell" on your dory, even if you don't put the "finishing touches" on it ! Please make sure you come over and introduce yourself to me. :)

Jeff

Hey Mark,
Yep, that's the place and date. Yes, it's just a little north of Yale. That would be great if you want to do a "show and tell" on your dory, even if you don't put the "finishing touches" on it ! Please make sure you come over and introduce yourself to me. :)

Jeff
Hey all of you in the Denver area…
The Rocky Mountain Shipwrights is having their annual show starting this Friday (10/20) at Rocklers on Colorado Blvd. I’ll be there on Friday from 4 to 7.
IMG_5047.jpeg

Mark
Hallo @Cabin Boy
we wish you all the best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Mit 66 Jahren, da fängt das Leben an ....

Back