Du Doch Nicht!! Eduard 1/72 scale [COMPLETED BUILD]

Two pieces of art! Incredible detailing at this scale.
(And here I thought the BN at 1:72 is a nightmare, boy, am I wrong about that.)
Thank you Johan! I really love that Fokker D.VII…building it gave me a new appreciation for the design! It has become my favorite. ;)

Ps - no more 1/72 scale WW1 airplanes after this…back to 1/16 scale!

Last edited:
So black and white strips have to be painted?!?! A huge job - I am looking forward how you make this
I guess you will fill this small gap before the paint job
View attachment 387549
Yes, that is correct, filler and paint, with a lot of masking! I will paint the white first, then clear coat and tape for the black, then clear coat the black and white prior to adding decals. I also have to paint the olive drab and the blue on the bottom. Upper wings will have the black and white, and also the tail section. The two lower wings will be olive drab on top and light blue on the bottom. Front cowling is black, and upper cowling is grey or dark silver. So a lot of painting on this one! ;)

PS - I painted the black and white stripes on the tail of the Albatros.

Last edited:
But working on 1/72 scale aircraft will help your 1/100 scale ship building skills as well.

Your doing great on these tiny subjects with huge overscale fingers.

Making a little more progress, just have to paint the bottom of the fuselage light blue. But that will be after I install the lower wings because they are light blue on the bottom too.
I will probably do the empannage assembly next…more black and white stripes! :(
Then I can do the lower and mid wings.
IMG_2421.jpegIMG_2420.jpeg
I mixed colors to make olive drab and then lightened it a few times to do some dry brushing of the different shades. Not perfect, but good enough for this scale.

Last edited:
Finished the empannage assembly…I am tired of stripes already! ;)
Next will be the lower wings and mid wings.
They have the olive drab design with stripes on the upper wing and the lower wing is light blue.
The top wing is black and white stripes! Sigh!
IMG_2429.jpegIMG_2427.jpegIMG_2431.jpeg

And the struts have black and white stripes. :(

Ps - there are a few areas that need attention on the stripes, but I will address that once I paint again.

Last edited:
Yup, looks good on my PC. I like the contrast to the fuselage colors.

Jan
Thanks Jan! I think once the upper wing goes on, that has black and white stripes, and the black cowling, it will all tie in nicely. Also the outer struts have the black and white stripes.
So I am eager to get all of the parts on it. But a lot of painting ahead. ;)

Back