overview Can you get the most out of your Proxxon MF70?

This is a simple end stop I made some time a while specifically for the Proxxon MF70. The small design makes it suitable for other mini milling machines like Proxxon FF230 and the Emco Unimat series.

End stops are very useful especially where a number of identical parts are being made. Unfortunately commercial end stops are enormous compared to the small milling scales of Proxxon MF 70 so these end stops cannot be used.

This small end stop allows a hardened steel rod to be accurately positioned with a thumb screw. There is a lever arm which can be easily relocated with an allen screw for repeat setup. The base is screwed easily with a thumb screw on the T slot of the milling table of the machine.

IMG_9958.JPG

IMG_9960.JPG

IMG_9963.JPG

IMG_9965.JPG

This is a simple end stop I made some time a while specifically for the Proxxon MF70. The small design makes it suitable for other mini milling machines like Proxxon FF230 and the Emco Unimat series.
simply ingenious, I will try to replicate one! Thank you for the hint!

Hello -

A brief intro - have new MF70 for model railroading (1:160) and joined this forum as the info on using this mill was difficult to find. I’m trying to figure out very simple steps such nomenclature, adjusting to max precision, setting up the vise, holding odd shaped work, end milling and precision drilling

My first simple ( well it seemed to me a first) project is drilling accurate holes for metal grab irons on the ends on a diesel locomotive ‘a short and long hoods. So holding styrene plastic, getting the exact spacing etc. Later will try milling alloy locomotive frame for speaker, decoder and wiring.

You all have a great supportive atmosphere I’m glad I’ve found this forum and specific thread. I’ll be reading and studying what this group has learned and freely shares.

And down the road I have a few waterline ships and boats to build for my 2 harbors (Whittier AK and Seward AK ) as well. A USCG cutter, sea going tug, rail barge, a very small container ship, a container crane, Alaska commercial fishing boats. The barge will be operational - that is have functional rails so and expected first project.

Probably common knowledge but news to me - https://www.usovo.de/en/search?q=Mf70. Far more than I want to spend or do but will keep it in the back of my mind as I learn the basics. Thought the dust extractor looks interesting. Shipping the Colorado is a bit prohibitive.

Liked the suggestions of “just do it” and I’ve started with a block of basswood and quickly found a small brush to keep the shavings away was essential. Milled two sides referencing the fixed face and was pleased to see 90 degrees and very smooth surfaces. Extremely basic but I needed to start somewhere.

Thank you allowing me to post and lurk and learn

Bob in Denver
Hallo @TrainGuy
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Another way to use your Proxxon MF 70
Use it to clamp things in a precision way.
I needed to clamp the keelson onto my Dutch ship, and I don't have a clamp that fits, so I used my Proxxon MF70 and it works perfect. :)

IMG_4446.JPG

Back