Bluenose Yuanqing plank on bulkhead

Is there any information on the Yuanqing plank on bulkhead bluenose kit. Has anyone built it? Are there English translated instructions?

Is there any information on the Yuanqing plank on bulkhead bluenose kit. Has anyone built it? Are there English translated instructions?

Bluenose Build logs: https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/forums/bluenose-group-build-logs.321/. It is worth your wile to read through the various logs, they contain a treasure trove of useful information and tips and tricks on building the YQ Bluenose, plus quite a few completed ones.
Translated build instructions: https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/bluenose-translated-instructions.6941/page-7#post-240699

Last edited:
Bluenose Build logs: https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/forums/bluenose-group-build-logs.321/. It is worth your wile to read through the various logs, they contain a treasure trove of useful information and tips and tricks on building the YQ Bluenose, plus quite a few completed ones.
Translated build instructions: https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/bluenose-translated-instructions.6941/page-7#post-240699
Thank you but all of that information is for the plank on frame version. I am looking for information on the Yuanqing Bluenose plank on bulkhead version.

Thank you but all of that information is for the plank on frame version. I am looking for information on the Yuanqing Bluenose plank on bulkhead version.
As far as I know YuanQing has no PoB version of the Bluenose.
As far as I know, this has never been discussed on this forum.
From where did you get that information?
Regards, Peter

As far as I know YuanQing has no PoB version of the Bluenose.
As far as I know, this has never been discussed on this forum.
From where did you get that information?
Regards, Peter
Peter, I ordered a Bluenose kit from an online supplier, dhGate, thinking I would get the plank on frame kit but they sent me a plank on bulkhead kit. The instructions are in Chinese.

Peter, I ordered a Bluenose kit from an online supplier, dhGate, thinking I would get the plank on frame kit but they sent me a plank on bulkhead kit. The instructions are in Chinese.
Interesting, can you post a picture of the box?
In the Bluenose Group Build, we started the translations with the Google Translation App. It recognizes the Chinese characters, but it gives sometimes a strange/funny outcome.

I have found there web-site, Don. They showed 2 pictures of the Model Shipways Bluenose and some of a RC model. But in a text-part they mentioned yuanqing.
I saw also your post about your received open box with ‘throw-in’ parts.
I thing dhGate is ‘messing up a bit’.

Yes dhgate messed up in that they sent me two kits and charged for them when I only ordered one. But the real culprit is Xiaola their supplier, another Chinese company, that opened one new kit and stuffed the contents of the second kit into the box. The second kit had missing parts. It was probably a kit that was returned by another buyer. Now I have two kits, one with missing parts. And neither kit is the plank on frame kit that I thought I was ordering. But that's my fault. I didn't know that Yuanqing made two versions of the Bluenose, a plank on bulkhead and a plank on frame. Now I am looking for English translated instructions for the plank on bulkhead kit.

IMG_0820.jpeg

I'm afraid you've been had... Cautious
When looking for yuanqin models, you should end up at ZHL's website.
Here only a POF Bluenose is offered, definitely not a POB kit.
The picture on the box you've gotten is definitely nót the one matching the picture on the box I received.
Peter, @Peter Voogt, could be right and you might have gotten yourself a Model Shipways kit.

I guess it's either try and build this POB kit, if possible at all, or cut your losses and order a POF-kit via Heinrich, @Heinrich, that worked perfectly

The cover of the kit I received:
IMG_1882.jpeg

Search on the ZHL website for "Bluenose"
IMG_0417.png

And the actual webpage for the kit:
IMG_0418.png

YuanQing actually has THREE versions of Bluenose currently. The POF version is now also available in Cherry Wood in addition to the Pear Wood version which we all know and love. The third version is the POB which is substantially cheaper and in no way comparable to the two POF models.

This is taken from Taobao which is the main selling platform of all things in China. If it's not on Taobao, it's not worth getting! ROTF

Bluenose.png
There is no doubt that it is a legitimate, full-blown YuanQing kit. It's just not the POF model which is pictured right next to it. Note the price difference in Yuan.

Indeed, apparently a legit YQ-kit and not appearing to us in the west, at least not on the ZHL website, were the POF kit is offered.
I was totally convinced it was a kind of copycat kit.
This morning I also took a look at the DHgate website and lo and behold; they indeed offer a YQ POB Bluenose.
If this it is anything like it's sister model, you can build yourself a beautiful model.

Last edited:
YuanQing actually has THREE versions of Bluenose currently. The POF version is now also available in Cherry Wood in addition to the Pear Wood version which we all know and love. The third version is the POB which is substantially cheaper and in no way comparable to the two POF models.
Peter, I agree that the POB version in no way compares. I thought I was getting the POF version but that was my mistake. I shopped for the cheapest price and that's what I got. I am building it anyway and it reminds me of the billings version which I started years ago and recently returned to and finished.

Back