Bluenose by Liebre

Dear Henk. I cannot overemphasize the importance of the journey rather than just being destination focused. The longer and more difficult the journey, the more we can take from it and learn from it. In the end we are all wiser and stronger. I am sure that your Bluenose will get the recognition at the Show that both she and you deserve.

Standard slightly modified

Daniel's standard gave me inspiration
The standard for this
IMG_1766.JPG

The Standard now
IMG_1826.JPG
Rest used pear wood slats and kept the same bond as the hull, so that everything fits together more
I don't like bling bling and shiny brass, with my airbrush applied some effects in the brass parts to not look so boring
NHJN0474.JPG

Komt door de foto weer niet helemaal uit de verf
The photo doesn't really come into its own again

Regards HenkROTF

The standard for this
View attachment 392820

The Standard now
View attachment 392821
Rest used pear wood slats and kept the same bond as the hull, so that everything fits together more
I don't like bling bling and shiny brass, with my airbrush applied some effects in the brass parts to not look so boring
View attachment 392822

Regards HenkROTF
Yup Henk, I like the toned-down look of the pedestals as well. I may have to consider something along the same lines too.

All Gaffs etc ready and made smaller with my lathe
The masts end with 4.2 and 4.1 mm respectively, followed Peter's measurements
Just pickled and painted white and drying now
View attachment 392817View attachment 392819
Those masts, gaffs and booms look good, Henk.
Sanding the diameters down to the appropriate dimensions is quite an effort, but is very rewarding; the slender spars give you a proper sense of size.

The standard for this
View attachment 392820

The Standard now
View attachment 392821
View attachment 392822

Regards HenkROTF
And on top of the spars a nice looking customized stand, love it.

All Gaffs etc ready and made smaller with my lathe
The masts end with 4.2 and 4.1 mm respectively, followed Peter's measurements
Just pickled and painted white and drying now
View attachment 392817View attachment 392819
A lot of tiny parts fitted together. It’s looking nice.

The standard for this
View attachment 392820

The Standard now
View attachment 392821
View attachment 392822

Regards HenkROTF
And this is looking as weathered cast iron.
The stand will be nice combination with your BN, Henk
Regards, Peter

After a break, I continue where I left off.

To ensure that there is still enough space on the deck, I decided to place the barrels before continuing with the masts.

The green is actually darker in color, but appears lighter again due to the light in the photos. about..

The bands on the barrels were made from a scrap piece of brass, cut to size and bent, after seeing the photos I will update them a bit
IMG_2095.JPG

IMG_2093.JPG

IMG_2100.JPG

To ensure that there is still enough space on the deck, I decided to place the barrels before continuing with the masts.

The green is actually darker in color, but appears lighter again due to the light in the photos. about..

The bands on the barrels were made from a scrap piece of brass, cut to size and bent, after seeing the photos I will update them a bit
View attachment 428722

View attachment 428720

View attachment 428723
Good to see that you are back working on your Bluenose.
That is a nice piece of tiny fiddling scratch build, Henk. A nice filling of the deck in front of the cabin.
Regards, Peter

View attachment 428722

View attachment 428720

View attachment 428723
Love the barrels Henk, those are on my list to do when I get back on my BN.

those are on my list
Hello Daniel,

I didn't have them on my list, but a few weeks ago I was at Johan's house and saw them on his deck.

It really helps if you see another nice addition, and gave me inspiration.

So I thought, who knows, for another builder, to gain inspiration.

I looked at your photos regularly (the mast) and I am planning to install a small beam between the front and rear (your photo on post #823) but not yet very successful here, and will try again soon.

Regards
Henk

Last edited:
Back