Blandford 1/48 by Modelship Dockyard

you ment the rubber bands, or?
Here is the link (I choose page 8 where you can see it better)
BTW: Ken ´s method is working only with such colourful rubber bands - never use bands with a unique colour !!!! ;)
Hi Ewe, It was the two steel rules that I was referring to, the rubber bands were just a side show.

More problems... all my fault
I started to fit the spacers using a modified version of Kens build I used a length of timber covered in tape to prevent it sticking to the frames
Although I checked the thickness of the spacers close to the building jig I found that as I progressed the frames were getting more and more not vertical.
I think that the problem is caused by my bad building if the frames. I have mentioned before that using tape to hold them in place wasn't quite good enough. And so now I have a few gaps this is making the frames wider at the top.
Do I try to separate the glued frames and re glue or do I slightly taper the spacers ???
Decisions decisions...a cup of coffee and a think is needed

20240308_115714.jpg

20240310_103724.jpg

A quick update before I have to take another break whilst dog sitting
I started on the 2nd side fitting the spacers.I fitted them 3 at a time with a gap of 3 between them these could be adjusted until they were vertical using my jig. The spaces were then filled once the glue had dried.This seemed a lot more accurate than doing them all at once
After leaving for a day the hull could be removed from the building jig
Looks OK to me we will see what it looks like after a good sanding but that is a while away

20240312_160421.jpg

20240314_105424.jpg

20240314_105447.jpg

Congratulations for reaching this working step - It is for me everytime special when I have the first time the hull structure in my hnads
Happy sanding
BTW: It is looking very good - accurate work

Back