best kits

Thanks. I learned a lot with many errors and rebuilding. Big challenge was +900 cow hitches making the ratlines. And about 100 lines terminating on the deck.

I know another member, Oliver, has been building one. His will be a lot better than mine.

Thanks.

Just finished the Occre Cala Esmeralda. The plans/instructions for the running rigging along with other excluded instructions made it a real challenge. I just did the research and completed it the best I could. Had a love - hate relationship with it. I'd just beware of the Occre instructions they may be cryptic or nonexistent. In the end it came out OK.View attachment 421892
In comparison with OcCre, which so far I've found very good, (most of my confusion was down to my lacking some knowledge!), the plans etc for Mantua's Le Superbe are terrible! 3 years on I'm only just on the rigging, but it has been an 'on/off' build & 50% scratch.

IMHO, OcCre seem to be using TOO many metal components. I've just unboxed their Xebec Cazadour, only to find that it contains horrible metal gun carriages with OVAL wheels! Is this to reduce recoil? :D
I am about to complain to OcCre, hoping I may get some wooden ones, otherwise, it's scratch build some.
Here's an update:- OcCre twice tried sending me replacement wooden gun carriage kits, both times HM customs rejected the package & returned it. Not wanting to be out-done by these 'Jobs Worths', I created a 'cunning plan'. I have relations in France, so I asked Xavier at OcCre to post the parts to them & they'll bring them to me next visit! As the man said; "EUREKA!"
UK customs - 0; Stuart Little - 1:p

Here's an update:- OcCre twice tried sending me replacement wooden gun carriage kits, both times HM customs rejected the package & returned it. Not wanting to be out-done by these 'Jobs Worths', I created a 'cunning plan'. I have relations in France, so I asked Xavier at OcCre to post the parts to them & they'll bring them to me next visit! As the man said; "EUREKA!"
UK customs - 0; Stuart Little - 1:p
Do they tell you why they rejected the packages? I am curious to know.

Back