Ahoy from Virginia

I'm new to this site, having only found it this week while I was looking for information about Tugboats, Revell's Harbor Tug to be precise. I'm not new to modeling, having built my first model when I was 10 years old, that was 66 years ago. Always loved ships. I retired from 17 years in the US Navy in 1998. Probably shouldn't say so, but I was a brown shoe sailor. Great website and I hope to visit it frequently in the future.

First of all a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
So you were an airman when I interpret the brown shoes correctly......

Did you see already the building log made by @Edmund ?

I'm new to this site, having only found it this week while I was looking for information about Tugboats, Revell's Harbor Tug to be precise. I'm not new to modeling, having built my first model when I was 10 years old, that was 66 years ago. Always loved ships. I retired from 17 years in the US Navy in 1998. Probably shouldn't say so, but I was a brown shoe sailor. Great website and I hope to visit it frequently in the future.
Hello and welcome to the forum, from NY

Thank you for the welcome. And yes, I was in aircraft maintenance during my Navy career. I did see, the @Edmon build, in fact, that is the build that brought me to this forum. I had always thought that Revell's Harbor Tug ( the Long Beach) was a generic tug boat. After reading this build log, I realized that the model's prototype was one of 100 of this class ordered by the Defense Plant Corporation in 1944. Exciting stuff, and lots of photos are available. The @Edmon build was a wealth of information and tips and inspiration to help me build a better boat.

Welcome and I'm parked next to a brown shoe aviator in the Coronado RV Park we're in.

Lots of experts and experience for you to draw from on the forum.

Start a build log and lots of folks will chime in and provide advice.

Welcome and I'm parked next to a brown shoe aviator in the Coronado RV Park we're in.

Lots of experts and experience for you to draw from on the forum.

Start a build log and lots of folks will chime in and provide advice.
Thank you for the welcome. When I was stationed on the Enterprise in Alameda, I'd get down to San Diego and North Island frequently and San Diego was one of my favorite places. Haven't been there since I left California in 89 but I still fondly remember the Mexican food and Margaritas. As soon as I can figure out how to get a log going I'll do that. Thank you again.

Hello and welcome from Charlottesville! I was a black shoe on the Shasta, following you into the Bay Area in Jan ‘91. The Enterprise was gone by then and I think the Vinson was home ported in Alameda for a short time before moving up to Bremerton. Anyway we were technically home ported in Concord but spent a lot of time in Alameda and Oakland. Navy is all gone from the Bay now.

Welcome Aboard! Being a former "White Hat" aboard the USS Preble (DLG-15 1960-62) and a life long ship modeler, you may want to take a look at the Billing Kit of the USS Hoga, the famous fleet tugboat from the battle at Pearl Harbor. Fare winds and good luck as you begin your tour of duty in this great hobby!
Workboats, Aiken, SC

Welcome from Katy, Texas.

Back