A Rope-walk build by mleonc

Hello friends, I'm going to show you the construction of a machine for splicing ropes.
It's a classic machine composed of two parts, the first one for twisting the ropes and the second one for braiding them.
For the first machine, instead of a motor with multiple planetary gears, I've used five brushless motors with built-in reducers, they are spare parts from a more sophisticated device.
The five motors have been connected in parallel, with a speed controller and a 6V rectifier transformer.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

Nice machine. So far this looks like a rope making winding machine. From the thread title I was expecting a machine for splicing ropes. Splicing is a process of joining two ends of rope together as in video below. This is done by braiding the rope ends together into one rope. I feel this is not what this machine is going to do. This machine is for making a one piece of rope. Is not it?

Nice machine. So far this looks like a rope making winding machine. From the thread title I was expecting a machine for splicing ropes. Splicing is a process of joining two ends of rope together as in video below. This is done by braiding the rope ends together into one rope. I feel this is not what this machine is going to do. This machine is for making a one piece of rope. Is not it?

"I'm sorry, you're absolutely right. It's possible that my English isn't very good. I apologize for disappointing your expectations. If you find it frustrating, I can delete the thread.

"I'm sorry, you're absolutely right. It's possible that my English isn't very good. I apologize for disappointing your expectations. If you find it frustrating, I can delete the thread.
Don't delete the thread. Just asking an Admin to change the tittle to: "A Rope-walk build by mleonc" for example. I like your rope walk. Looks good and made of scratch.

@Jimsky

Because I understood that a different type of machinery was expected, and since there are already several, I understood that it wasn't novel. However, I have asked the administrator @zoly99sask Change the thread's name.
we will never delete a thread unless the poster explicitly disobeys the posting rules.

Can I ask why you chose 5 motors rather than a gear set?
Hello,
Simply because I had them, that parallel configuration of those engines works perfectly synchronized and has high torque. In a previous machine when I didn't have these types of engines, I made it with gears as you pointed out. I hope I have answered your question.

Back