1682 HMY Fubbs 1:24 scale

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have been rather busy the last couple of days, we have finally converted our garden tractor from a snow blower to a lawn mower again and that made us a bit stiff and sore for a day or so, one of the blessings of getting old.
In the Old Ship Yard we have cleaned up the inside of our HMY Fubbs, cut and fitted the Great Room lower deck beams, glued them on to the Great Cabin Sub Floor and cut and fitted the 4 support pillars. To top this all off we have given all of these parts two coats of Polyurethane that sure seams to bring all of there very nice woods to life, rather pleasing.
Regards Lawrence

PS Thanks again Mike Shanks for giving me the opportunity to build the HMY Fubbs.

IMG_0926.JPG

IMG_0929.JPG

Astounding, I smile when I see your work.
Ted
Hello Ted, I thank you very much for your overly kind words and nice comments. I also thank you for All Of your Likes, you were overly generous, Thanks as they are very much appreciated.
I am very pleased that you are enjoying my HMY Fubbs build log, More to Come.
Regards Lawrence

Lawrence: Check the beam which is crossways across the lower transom. I think it should be level with the lower deck clamps, but I'm not sure from the photo.

The beams, pillars, deck clamps and varnishing look great.

Lawrence: Check the beam which is crossways across the lower transom. I think it should be level with the lower deck clamps, but I'm not sure from the photo.

The beams, pillars, deck clamps and varnishing look great.
Hello Arthur, I do thank you for your very nice words and also for your concerns for the height of the Great Deck Beams. I have attached one of Mike Shank's pictures, the Great Deck beams and also the Great Cabin Sub Floor com level with this cross transom beam and the Aft Parq. Deck flooring sits apron this cross beam .
Regards Lawrence

IMG_0399  Great Deck Beams.jpg

Superb and such precise work is inspiring, especially at this scale!

Love the contrasting colors of the finishes you've used, they really make the various parts pop, without covering up the beautiful wood grain!!
Hello Brad, Thanks for your very inspiring words and nice comments. Yes I am not a great fan of painting nice woods as I like to leave them more natural but with just a we bit of shine.
Regards Lawrence

Lawrence - That picture doesn't really help, it's a dry fit and, at the stern, one side is higher than the other.
I'd suggest clamping the cabin floor to the deck beams with the mast holes aligned and see how it fits. It could be just fine.

These two pictures from Mike's usb stick might be helpful.

The first shows the height of the floor where it meets the transom:

IMG_0611.jpg

The next one shows that the floor butts up to the lower inner transom planking.

IMG_0893.jpg

Lawrence - That picture doesn't really help, it's a dry fit and, at the stern, one side is higher than the other.
I'd suggest clamping the cabin floor to the deck beams with the mast holes aligned and see how it fits. It could be just fine.

These two pictures from Mike's usb stick might be helpful.

The first shows the height of the floor where it meets the transom:

View attachment 444772

The next one shows that the floor butts up to the lower inner transom planking.

View attachment 444773
Hello Arthur, Sorry about Mikes confusion picture, it just shows the port side siting on the ledge and the starboard side that will; be brought up to the drawing line.
Yes I do have Mikes USB Drive stick on the HMY Fubbs.
Yes this exactly what I have done to get the Great Room and beams to fit where they are suppose to, Thanks for your help.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Well after a lot of test fittings and fine adjustments the little fellows and I have finally got up enough nerve last night to glue the Great Room Sub Deck and beams into place on our HMY Fubbs. Now we must readjust the Parquet Flooring just a we bit as we changed the angle on mast a few more degrees before it can be glued into place.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_0932.JPG

That looks like it should!

Did you have fun getting all the pillars in place?
Hello Arthur, Thank you very much for all of your help and also for your very kind words.
Yes the Pillars were a bit of a pain, I did have them pre drilled and longer pines that after finding the pre drilled holes I cut the extra bit off.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Well after a lot of test fittings and fine adjustments the little fellows and I have finally got up enough nerve last night to glue the Great Room Sub Deck and beams into place on our HMY Fubbs. Now we must readjust the Parquet Flooring just a we bit as we changed the angle on mast a few more degrees before it can be glued into place.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 444805
Good evening Lawrence’s looks pretty perfect to me. Nice one. Cheers Grant

Hello Ship Mates, Been a bit busy in and around the Old Ship Yard the last couple of days as the little fellows and I have glued in the Great Cabin Parque Flooring and given it it's third and final coat of Polyurethane, we have installed the Great Cabin hanging knees. And being a bit tired of our HMY Fubbs tipping over we finally broke down and built her a working stand. Nothing fancy, just a few scraps of wood that I had tucked away in my basement work shop.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_0935.JPG

IMG_0936.JPG

Back