1682 HMY Fubbs 1:24 scale

Hello Ship Mates, Well we have finally got to the fun stage in out HMY Fubbs build, the little fellows and I have installed the previous built the poop and Quarter decks beams. We installed the Great Room Forward paneling and planked the forward side. We have dry fitted the Bulkhead Break and built and dry fitted the Golden Dome and built the Entrance way Dome cribbing and installed two deck planks to support the entrance way cribbing and dome. And last but not the least we have installed the Rudder Cap.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_0961.JPG

IMG_0962.JPG

IMG_0963.JPG

IMG_0964.JPG

IMG_0965.JPG

IMG_0966.JPG

IMG_0967.JPG

Last edited:
I very much like your latest post.
Not just because of the great workmanship, but also because some of it is now ahead of where I am!
Hello Arthur, Thank you very much for your very kind words. Yes a lot of my last post is very simulator to my previous post but that is because there are so many little details coming together at this point, but after my next post things will be spread out just a bit better, ok.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Well we have finally got to the fun stage in out HMY Fubbs build, the little fellows and I have installed the previous built the poop and Quarter decks beams. We installed the Great Room Forward paneling and planked the forward side. We have dry fitted the Bulkhead Break and built and dry fitted the Golden Dome and built the Entrance way Dome cribbing and installed two deck planks to support the entrance way cribbing and dome. And last but not the least we have installed the Rudder Cap.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 447711

View attachment 447715

View attachment 447717

View attachment 447719

View attachment 447722

View attachment 447724

View attachment 447727
Good morning Lawrence. You have skills Lawrence- this is good. Cheers Grant

Hello Ship Mates, Today the little fellows and I have completed the Bulkhead Break that we have installed with the Entrance Way Door and Glass, Window Frames and Glass. WE have installed some of the Quarter Deck planking that our plans called for. We have also installed the Entrance Way door step, we have also planked both the ships outside bulkheads to almost the top of those windows. The Entrance Way dome is still dry fitted. We also gave all of these items a coat of Polyurethane.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_0970.JPG

IMG_0973.JPG

This is just really impressive progress Lawrence. We can see how much you are enjoying this build!
Hello Paul, I thank you for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes Mike Shanks has don a great job of putting this kit together and I will try very hard to make this adventure for him to be done at the best of my ability.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Today the little fellows and I have completed the Bulkhead Break that we have installed with the Entrance Way Door and Glass, Window Frames and Glass. WE have installed some of the Quarter Deck planking that our plans called for. We have also installed the Entrance Way door step, we have also planked both the ships outside bulkheads to almost the top of those windows. The Entrance Way dome is still dry fitted. We also gave all of these items a coat of Polyurethane.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 448283

View attachment 448284
The entrance with the door, window frames and glass looks very nice, Lawrence. A very stylish part.
Regards, Peter

The entrance with the door, window frames and glass looks very nice, Lawrence. A very stylish part.
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, Thanks for your very nice words and comments. Yes the Entrance Way door is a very nice part of this build. It's to bad my camera showed the windows all cloudy of which they are not, may try to replace these pictures.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Today the little fellows and I have installed the stairs down to the Great Room. We have fitted and installed the Beam section around the Mizzen Mast. We have fitted and installed the short pieces of the Poop deck planking to show where and how this deck would look if it were fully planked.
We must take a little break away from the Old Ship Yard as our outside garden is far behind and neglected because this HMY Fubbs is so enjoyable and time consuming.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_0974.JPG

IMG_0975.JPG

IMG_0976.JPG

IMG_0977.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, Today the little fellows and I have installed the stairs down to the Great Room. We have fitted and installed the Beam section around the Mizzen Mast. We have fitted and installed the short pieces of the Poop deck planking to show where and how this deck would look if it were fully planked.
We must take a little break away from the Old Ship Yard as our outside garden is far behind and neglected because this HMY Fubbs is so enjoyable and time consuming.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 448345

View attachment 448346

View attachment 448347

View attachment 448348
I sound like a stuck record with your Fubbs Lawrence , however worth repeating…:D-Brilliant work. Cheers Grant

Hello Ship Mates, Well after a few trials and errors, a couple of little re-builds the little fellows and I have installed a plank between the water ways and the Great Room deck clamp, for no other reason than to tidied it up just a bit. We have installed the water ways along with the Spirketting, along with planking the upper bulkheads. We did add the window glass to the round dome entryway that we did overlook in our last post. We did taper out the top of the hull framings to be able to attach the Cap Rail and trim a bit later on.

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0979.JPG

IMG_0980.JPG

IMG_0981.JPG

What is the material used for the glass? It looks really good!
Hello Allan, I thank you for your visit to my HMY Fubbs, she really is a very interesting build at this scale. The window glass is Acetate it is all ready pre laser cut, it is very clear but my camera seams to change that just a bit, it seams to make it look like very old glass.
Regards Lawrence

Back