Hms Vanguard 1787 1:72 - Victory Models/Amati

G'day all
Have been flat out at work but got in a few long weekends.
As you will see we now have ladders and walkways, also I got the barricades done ,one with the buckets .the barricades are hard to fit with the curvature of the deck .I used some slight bending and then epoxy glued them in place snd used holding clamps.
I have just about finished one boat ye ha only another 3 to go plus painting.
All good, I have done 1 carronade with double blocks ,only 5 of them to go .
Once I finish the deck it will be onto the remaining gun port lids and then the channels. Op
Happy Easter all and happy modelling all
Cheers snowy
Ps : the barricades threads are hard to thread and I would advise to do off ship .also the walkways posts I drilled first then thread the 8 posts off ship hung them from a clamp and then put on the ship with the thread already attached. This made life a lot easier ,cheers snowy.

20220418_092215.jpg

20220417_122529.jpg

20220417_122524.jpg

20220417_122519.jpg

20220417_122511.jpg

20220417_122504.jpg

20220417_122456.jpg

Good morning Snowy. Excellent work. I have an affiliation to your build- the Vanguard is very similar to the Victory. Your rope coils look good on the deck. The detail from the kit seems good quality e.g the stanchions. I have to wonder about these British ships. I see you also had very little space between the cannon and quarter deck stairs. Super build. Cheers Grant

Cheers Grant
Yeah I wouldn't like to be using those stairs all the time
Thanks and onwards and upwards
Cheers snowy

Ps ,: grant ,I didn't like three stantions in the kit as they were flat so I got these round ones from modellers central.
Cheers snowy

Hi all, It's been a while
But flat out with work
Here is a quick update .I have put 3 of the carronades on the poop deck ,3 to go and by the end of today I'll have the next row of gun lids finished .
Cheers all snowy

20220702_114956.jpg

20220702_115002.jpg

20220702_115008.jpg

Hi all, It's been a while
But flat out with work
Here is a quick update .I have put 3 of the carronades on the poop deck ,3 to go and by the end of today I'll have the next row of gun lids finished .
Cheers all snowy

View attachment 316636

View attachment 316637

View attachment 316638
Good morning Snowy. Good to see you in the shipyard again. The Vanguard has a interesting cannon configuration. I have not seen too many ships with the carronades on the poop deck. Nice work. Cheers Grant

Hi all
Just wondering if you guys could help.
I'm about to start on the masts and went through the a3 plans but I can't find a tavola 11 or 16 is that me or do I need them .much help would be appreciated.
Cheers snowy

Hi Snowy
Hi all
Just wondering if you guys could help.
I'm about to start on the masts and went through the a3 plans but I can't find a tavola 11 or 16 is that me or do I need them .much help would be appreciated.
Cheers snowy
i have been following your build and love what you have achieved so far.
I can probably help get you some pictures of Tavola 11 and 16, from my kit, in a couple of days.
could I ask what paints and techniques are you using to paint the model? Do you paint on or off the model?
I will get in touch with the Tavolas

Thanks guys
Yeah chestcutter I paint the body of the ship as I go but all other items going onto the ship I paint separately .
Thanks for the picture red bear I'm going to need that page.

Hi grant
Thanks mate I've been flat out with work so dying to get back in there for the masts .I will give her sails so they have to be cut out folded glued and then sewn. I will also put a rope around the outside of them and sewn that on .
Happy days cheers snowy.

Back