Hello from New Zealand.

Hi folks. I've already built a 1:24 Thornycroft MTB (Vic Smeed) and a 1:24 Vosper MTB. I've had great fun with their builds and they're great fun in the water. But since they're both electrically powered, and I sail them in nearby lakes, I've always been concerned about one 'dying' when from the shore. so I thought a tug boat might be a good addition to build, not only for it's own build, but as something to push other boats to the shore if needed.:) I found plans for a Sea Vixen from Cornwall model boats and plan to start on it soon. However, it is not a full sets of plans and has what I think are called 'sheer lines' from which to develop the hull shape. I've never done this sort of build before and after much head scratching, I contacted Cornwall Boats for a recommendation for help, and they passed me on to this forum. So I'm looking forward to find teaching or videos about how to build from these sorts of plans as it is, at the moment, a little daunting.

So I'm very pleased to be on this forum, and I look forward to inspiration as time goes by.

Regards Tom Phillips

Hallo Tom, willkommen in unserem Forum und vielen Dank für deine Einführung. Ich liebe Hochseeschlepper und freue mich auf die ersten Bilder.

Last edited:
Sorry but I can only speak English:( but I thank you for your welcome..

Blessings, Tom

Welcome from across the pond. I remember Vic Smeed model boat plans well from building them as a boy in the 70's.

Last edited:
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Glad to have a new member, welcome to the SoS.

Please show us some photos of your fine ships.
Hi Kurt et al,

Hi Kurt et al. Happy to send a couple of photos. They're what I call 'stand-off scale'. They're not super detailed but they look goodto me and I have great fun building them. There are 3. British cabin boat of the 50's, Thornycroft MTB and a Vosper MTB. Sorry about a couple of blank replies. Getting used to the messaging system. :.)

20230623_134608.jpg

20230623_134618.jpg

20230623_134739.jpg

20230623_134745.jpg

20230623_134901.jpg

20230623_134909.jpg

Very nice looking boats. Now if they can figure how to launch torpedos from the tubes of the MTB’s it would make a nice video!

Knowing me, the torpedoes would stay where they are and the boat would shoot backwards!! LOL

Looks GREAT!
64681-4dd6c921.jpg

Hi folks. I've already built a 1:24 Thornycroft MTB (Vic Smeed) and a 1:24 Vosper MTB. I've had great fun with their builds and they're great fun in the water. But since they're both electrically powered, and I sail them in nearby lakes, I've always been concerned about one 'dying' when from the shore. so I thought a tug boat might be a good addition to build, not only for it's own build, but as something to push other boats to the shore if needed.:) I found plans for a Sea Vixen from Cornwall model boats and plan to start on it soon. However, it is not a full sets of plans and has what I think are called 'sheer lines' from which to develop the hull shape. I've never done this sort of build before and after much head scratching, I contacted Cornwall Boats for a recommendation for help, and they passed me on to this forum. So I'm looking forward to find teaching or videos about how to build from these sorts of plans as it is, at the moment, a little daunting.

So I'm very pleased to be on this forum, and I look forward to inspiration as time goes by.

Regards Tom Phillips
Hallo @tomphev
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back