Glue for a mirror

Good morning
I'm trying to find the most suitable glue to make a rearview mirror for my tram. The base of the mirror is metallic (cast) and the silver foil (silver foil) is very fine. I have tried to do it with cyanoacrylate but the edges burn, it also happens to me with other acetone-based glues. What type of glue do you recommend?
Thank you.

is it possible with some double sided adhesive tape?

Good morning
I'm trying to find the most suitable glue to make a rearview mirror for my tram. The base of the mirror is metallic (cast) and the silver foil (silver foil) is very fine. I have tried to do it with cyanoacrylate but the edges burn, it also happens to me with other acetone-based glues. What type of glue do you recommend?
Thank you.
If you have a local craft/jewellery store nearby try one of the glues they use for settings. There are non-acetone based glues available that require just a tiny amount of glue, almost like the consistency of PVA. If there’s squeeze out after glueing the parts just gently remove the excess with a fine pointed tool. Check to make sure the glue will dry clear, if that is required for your build parts. Once applied leave it to fully cure, preferably overnight. Doing a test run beforehand is always advisable. Hope this helps.

If you have a local craft/jewellery store nearby try one of the glues they use for settings. There are non-acetone based glues available that require just a tiny amount of glue, almost like the consistency of PVA. If there’s squeeze out after glueing the parts just gently remove the excess with a fine pointed tool. Check to make sure the glue will dry clear, if that is required for your build parts. Once applied leave it to fully cure, preferably overnight. Doing a test run beforehand is always advisable. Hope this helps.
I'll try later, after work. Thank you!

I would try contact cement, or a spray adhesive.
Another possibility is to look for a product called Bare Metal Foil. They have it available with a number of different finishes including chrome and it already has an adhesive on the back of it. It comes in a sheet and you cut it to the size you need. You can even cut it with a modeling knife after it is installed. I have a WW II P-47 Thunderbolt that I gave a high polish finish to by using Mare Metal Foil on the entire aircraft. :)

Hope that helps!

Jeff

I have used with success PVA glue or Bare Metal Foil. CNA will not work (maybe gel type) as it is very aggressive on the foil and hard to manage. I wood be leery of glue gun as the glue may be difficult to control in the amounts needed and if it cools

I was going to suggest using a water based sizing solution (like what is used for gold leaf application). You can find it on Amazon, and it's not hugely expensive. If your local Amazon site doesn't stock it, you can try local shops that sell to the arts and crafts market. If they sell gold and silver leaf, they'll also very likely carry sizing solution. Here's a link to the Amazon.com site as a reference: Amazon Sizing Solution Link

Thank you very much for the information. I didn't know so many types of glue. Therefore, for sharing and helping me, I feel obliged to thank you all again, you are very kind.

I probably opted for gold leaf glue, since what I use is similar, it's like silver leaf. And it doesn't work I'll try your other suggestions.
pan plata.jpg
The photo of the elements to be joined. The sheet is very difficult to handle, you have to be very delicate. Once I manage to glue it I will have to give it the proper shape... it takes patience

Back