Frigate USS United States 1789

The quarter galleries are my main question. Revell did produce a 1/96 scale US with the galleries, but they have been cited to me as inaccurate. Do you have access to any reference that shows them to be accurate? I am genuinely interested in this issue, not being critical. Thank you!

Bill

The quarter galleries are my main question. Revell did produce a 1/96 scale US with the galleries, but they have been cited to me as inaccurate. Do you have access to any reference that shows them to be accurate? I am genuinely interested in this issue, not being critical. Thank you!

Bill
This is about all I have on her in her poop configuration.

IMG_3715.JPG

IMG_3716.JPG

IMG_3717.JPG

IMG_3718.JPG

I am impressed with the horseblocks that you mounted midships! I also like the coal (?) used to help support the bowsprit and the galley stove pipe. Both items are frequently omitted on most models. Once again, most impressive!

Bill

Last edited:
Ever consider creating a kit for the United States? We would be interested. Marc Mosko, Model Shipways ... 954-261-7054 or mmosko@aol.com
Would be a fun project. However I have no idea how or where to begin. I would be happy to make the attempt with guidance from your company. This version of the United States includes what I interpret to be how she appeared in April of 1861. She had a major refit in 1836 I believe? So her chain plates are What the Germantown was equipped with. I understand that her bow was fairly heavily damaged in her battle with the Macedonia so it is somewhat shorter than the Constitution's and more like what the President was like when she was captured by the British. I based her spar deck on a combination of the Plans of her by Charles Ware and the President, so it is different than the Constitution as we see her today.

Back